Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Caught By Big Shot's Son

Last weekend, the parentals and I paid one of the hotels in Penang a visit for a quick look-see and to find out more about their wedding packages. All went well when the hotel staff brought us around the place. We saw what we wanted to see, asked what we wanted to ask, and when all was said and done, she left us to our own devices.


But while we were
scouting around by ourselves,
something funny happened.


You see, it was a Saturday and the banquet hall was being prepared for a wedding. (We were pretty fortunate to see the hall in all its decked-up glory – nice!) And while nosing around, Mee and I stumbled upon the couple's guest list. Here's where it got funny. I suddenly felt that the groom's name sounded a little too familiar. So, I immediately turned to Mee and said, "Eh! I think the groom is bla bla bla's brother leh!"


When I said that, I suddenly heard a male voice behind me go, "Hi. Are you bla bla bla's friend?" HAHA. The groom was standing right behind us when I said that! That means he saw us poking around his guest list and, thinking about it now, I'm also pretty sure that he must have overheard me saying, "Wah, a lot of Datin, Datuk, Doktor on this list man. Sure some big shot's son." HAHA.


*shy*

But anyway... turns out I WAS RIGHT! HAH!
It was bla bla bla's brother's wedding! I know for sure
 cos the groom told me, "Yeah, bla bla bla is my bother."

Tee hee.


So I guess considered ok lah in the end. Being proven right on a hunch kinda made the embarrassment a little more worth it. Haha. At least never simply poke, kena caught, then see see salah wan the guess. Wah, that wan really dunno where to hide face liao. -_-'''


But seriously... 
SMALL WORLD, RIGHT???


p/s: Bla bla bla was my primary school classmate, by the way. 2 Ros, SRKBL. He was Monitor while I was Assistant Monitor. Haha.

7 comments :

joshuaongys said...

wrong! nyahahahaha

Jeffro said...

Hahaha... so you know what to do? Opportunity right at your "doorstep" =D

Note: IF you didn't know what I meant, I'm referring to discounts (or better price rates) on everything =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Wrong?? I was RIGHT!


ATTN: Jeffro
– Eh, he's getting married there lah. He's not WORKING there. Haha. Apalah you!

Lissa said...

Eh? What happened to the other place? =/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Now you know. =p

Jeffro said...

You do know that being a customer, there's a power of service referral? I bet he knows someone there... Who knows you might get like a 20% off? I'm just saying =P Nevertheless it's worth a try! *winks*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Too late. We signed on that day itself. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!