Friday, July 24, 2009

The Proposal


Got me a free ticket to watch The Proposal (I love wedding Rom Coms!) earlier in the week, courtesy of Jan-E. Sat in the first row... (@_@ can go blind, man) ...and ended up crying in the cinema. TWICE. -_-''' And if you know me at all, you'd know that that rarely ever happens. Sigh. Makes me feel so... so... pathetically female.


A weak one at that.

T_T

Ugh. Meluat only.


Anyhoo, tears aside, this movie was hilarious! If there's one romantic comedy you are to watch this month, this would be it. It actually blew me away; exceeded my expectations. It's funny as hell but the touching bits are simply heart-wrenching. I found myself laughing one minute, crying the next, and then spraying snot all over the place a minute later when I'm laughing again. It's fan-freaking-tastic! Rom Com at its best.


The cast was pretty awesome, too. I mean, I've never had a thing for Ryan Reynolds (he plays Andrew Paxton, the male lead) but sure, I'd say he's pretty hot here. (Maybe cos he appealed to my mushy side this time cos he was just oh-so-senti. Haha.) The man did a pretty good job. Can't fault him for his acting this time around. The emotions he portrayed were beliveable. And Sandra Bullock (who plays the lead actress, Margaret Tate) has still got it goin' on. She's totally sizzles for a 45-year-old, I tell ya!


But don't just take my word for it.
Check out the trailer.





I'm planning to get a copy online buy the original DVD so I'll be able to pause, play, forward and rewind as I and when I need to. Haha. Yes, it's THAT good. Now, go watch!


p/s: Keep an eye out for Sandra Bullock in her sexy, racy, lacy, black nightie. I spied a fashion disaster (followed by a blooper). Let me know if you catch it. =p

2 comments :

The Author said...

You're welcome =)
EHH you cried twice??
And i thought it was only once, because i noticed us sniffing at the same time =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jan
– Haha. Ya lah. Dammit. But not like boo hoo cry lah. More like... tearing. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!