Friday, July 10, 2009

Brooke Shields' Eulogy Of Her Long-time Friend Michael Jackson, The King Of Pop

If I die before any of you do (CHOI! CHOI! CHOI!), remember that I want my eulogies to run this same way. I want them all to be sincere, honest and heartfelt. (Wah, see lah. Die already still can be so demanding. -_-' Sheesh.) Make your 'goodbye' to me a good one.


You can learn from Brooke Shields.
She did good with MJ's eulogy.






So, if you're called to take the mic, know this: Giving an eulogy while playing the acquaintance is boring. Don't say things just anyone would know. Instead, speak of the person I was to YOU. Tell elaborate stories of the times we've spent together. Of the things we did while I was around. Of the laughter we've shared and the tears we've shed.


Let those who hear you remember me for the way
my being in your life made it what it is.


I don't want to be a memory of things done or achieved by a body lying in a casket. Forget the medals won, the paperwork compiled, and the awards granted. I want to be remembered for the life I lived and the lives I touched while there was still breath in me. And if I've touched your life in any way, I'd like you to remember me for that.


Click here to view from source.


You know, as much as watching Michael Jackson's Public Memorial Service robbed me of a good 2 hours of sleep, I'm really glad I stayed up. Because those 2 hours showed me how important living a life well lived is. I learned that leaving an impression and making an impact in the world around me matters. Because that's all there is to show once this shell I'm in turns to dust.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!