Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'll Make It Right When I'm 25!!!

Tim Tams just announced to me that he would be going down to Singapore for work... on his birthday. (Mind you, going down to Singapore on your birthday’s very different from being in Singapore on it.) How ironic. I had to go down to Singapore on my birthday, too. (Hence my solo-sung-birthday-song-and-ice-cream-cake-in-the-car scenario I blogged about last week. -_-)


So that talk we had about it kinda got me thinking: (1) It’s damn sad being away from the people you wanna hang with on your birthday, and (2) It’s damn sad having to move in the opposite direction of the people you wanna hang with on your birthday. I mean that’s what makes special days special, right? The fact that you get to share it with people who matter to you and with whom you matter to.


Any other way and that ‘special day’
…becomes ‘just another day’.

And that’s sad, wei.


So, on the drive home, I got to thinking. And I made a promise to myself to not let this sad-case-ness happen to me next year – 21 November 2009. And it’s not. Not if I have anything to do about it, that is. I want the people who matter to me with me on my birthday. I want them to share the day with me.


Problem is… it’s been AGES since I last threw a party. Like, seriously. Even before, it was always my mom and my aunt who played party planners. I mean, I am, after all, Queen of P, right? (That’s P for Procrastination, by the way. =p) If I were to plan my own party, I’d probably end up throwing it a week or two after my birthday rolled by. Haha. I’m terrible that way.


ANYHEW…

If I’m going to plan a party for my friends and I,
I need to do my homework. And who better
to consult than my best bud, Google?

*grin*

But that grin didn’t last long.




There were soooo many options to choose from! Too many! I mean, my sleep-deprived brain isn’t made for this kind of hard work, you know. 6,590,000 results!?! *slaps forehead* Cummon. You gotta be kiddin’ me. Google’s supposed to make my life easier! Not make it more complicated. I can’t take this!


So I ran another search.

And on a whim, I added the word “Free” + “Contest” to it. =p
(I’m from Penang lah, okay. We’re kiam siap people
who want everything for free. Can’t help it, we were
born and raised that way. Understand a bit can bo?)

Guess which result caught my eye.




AWESOME!


This is exactly what I need. A party… that’s planned on my behalf… for my friends and I… that’s FREE!!! Woo hoo! It doesn’t get better than this, bay-beh! Tene nene. Tene nene. And all I need is to fulfill three simple steps and I’ll be on my way to having my 25 friends over for a ball of a time.


STEP 1: GET 2 CAN TABS OR 2 BOTTLE LABELS


Ugh, don’t get me started on this one. I thought it’d be easy cos my workplace has a vending machine that dispenses F&N drinks, and many of my colleagues drink from it. All I have to do is ask them to pass me their cans and I’d end up having so many cans at my disposal that I’d be able to send it an average of 10 – 15 entries a day. So easy right??? Well, NOT QUITE! -_-


My tabs were un-labeled. Which seemed pretty odd to me cos… how would F&N know then if the tabs really came from an F&N can? (Some days, I wonder if I think too much. -_-)




So just in case, I went around asking my colleagues if there was something I should look out for. Nobody knew. (Semua katak macam I.) Desperate, I eventually called a friend who drinks F&N Orange daily. (So Ah Pek, right? *grin*) I heard him rummaging around and when he started talking again, he told me that his cans came with tabs that were labeled F&N.


@_@

WTH!?
How come my tabs none wan???
ARGH! Now what?!


It was 11:15PM at the time. Too late for me to stop at TESCO or Carrefour, but not too late for me to hit a nearby petrol station for some cans. So off I went with Duh Roads. Haha. Late night can-hunt adventure konon.


First stop, the nearest petrol station to our workplace – ESSO. The lights were on, the guy was sitting at the counter, people were fueling up… but THEY REFUSED TO LET US INTO THE STORE!


The first petrol station I hit.


ROARRR!!! What nonsense, right!? It’s 11:20PM for crying out loud. Aren’t stores like these supposed to be open till midnight? Plus, the dude’s a guy lah. I’m a girl. Sket wat!? Kena raped? By me? At gunpoint? I mean, common lah. Do I look like a crook to you?! Me??? Puh-leeze. People leave KIDS with me, okayyy. *grunt*


So I left that petrol station in a huff. Sungguh tak happy. And headed over to the next closest petrol station. The one with Star Mart. (That’s Caltex, if I’m not mistaken.) This wan lagi teruk. Totally tak buka langsung. Haha. We just sat in the car and took pictures. =p


The second petrol station I hit.


Finally, I stopped at what I knew would be my last chance that day. (It was already 10 minutes to midnight by the time I got to this petrol station.)


My final petrol station pit stop.


Ran in with Duh Roads and started to rummage through the fridge. SEMUA TAK ADA F&N PRINTING MIA! -_- I was about ready to give up and go back to the office when suddenly, Duh Roads pulls out a Sarsi can and exclaims, “Eh! This wan got!”


The fridge that made the hunt worthwhile.


AWESOME POSSUM!!! Haha. I grabbed that can and started looking for more. I took all I could find out of the fridge and ended up with a whopping grand total of…


Are you ready for this?

3 cans.

-_-


That officially gives me one and a half entries. -_- So pathetic! So desperado! But… no choice lor. One entry’s better than none at all. Take only. I’ll deal with that ‘and-a-half’ later. (Plus, I’m not about to go back to the office empty-handed.)


So, whatthehew, I grabbed my three cans, paid for it,
walked out of the store… and camwhored. HAHA.


Me with my three cans of F&N Sarsi. Oh, look!
That’s my Tuesday Statement Tee. =p


Caltex near Seapark is now my favourite petrol station.


So since that was sorted, I went back, took some pictures of the cans. (I can’t help it. I’m a blogger. =p)


My three cans of F&N Sarsi.


The very important F&N label on the tab.


After I was done with that, I started
getting to work with my entries.


STEP 2: CHOOSE A PARTY THEME AND ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION


Sure lah, sound simple. 3 steps only. But kanasai, these people summore want handwritten entries. So mafan! They never heard of computers before, issit??? Sheesh.


*grumble grumble grumble*


So yeah. Step 2. Sigh. This had better be worth it, man. I really hope I win one of the 10 parties they have to offer. FYI, for my first entry I’ve chosen Movie Mania as my party of choice. They’ve actually got quite a good variety to choose from – Xtreme Xcapes, Krazy Karaoke, Hip Hop Hurray, Fashion Fiesta, Anime Actione, Gamers Getaway, Art Fest, Beach Blast, BBQ Bonanza and my Movie Mania. (Yes, it’s MINE! Muahahaha.) Click here to check it out if you wanna know more lah. This post is already becoming waaay too long for my liking. Can roast a stuffed Christmas turkey in the time it takes to read this, man. -_-


STEP 3: SEND IN THOSE ENTRIES


Am going to do that over lunch today.
Wish me luck!!! Mwah mwah mwah!


Oh, and one thing before I leave. I need to pick your brains. You see, I think that I may need to come up with a strategy in order to win this thing. Help me think of something boleh? Leave me a comment and I promise I’ll invite you along for the party if you come up with something really good that F&N will love. =p


HELP ME WIN THIS THING SO
I WON’T SPEND MY 25TH BIRTHDAY

AWAY FROM MY PEEPS OR ON THE ROAD!



EDIT at 1013 hours on 10 December 2008: OMG, I just read that THE PARTY THAT’S UP FOR GRABS IS WORTH RM15,000!!! Walau eh! That’s like RM15,000 divided by 25 heads. That’s RM600 PER HEAD!!! So keh tat! I kiasssuuu! Must submit more entriesss!!!

19 comments :

sheon said...

tell me i'm invited first. hahahahahaha......

i'll see what i can do...

CincauHangus.com said...

if it's computehs, how u gona send them ur tabs? emails? :P

and u gotta invite me. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. Well, I've got 25 free spaces, no? =p COME! COME! So what are you ideas???


ATTN: CincauHangus.com
– No lah. Snail mail. Not so high tech yet. Haha. Maybe we should suggest to them. Hahaha. Upgrade system a bit.

Aiyo, help me lah! Help me then I'll give you VVIP ticket to the party I'm about to win. HAHAHA.

sheon said...

but who's gonna contribute to my diabetic treatment in the future?

Huai Bin said...

I noticed that too! Some of the tabs don't have F&N on it. Hey, let's make a deal - if you win, invite me. If I win, I invite you. =D

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....you ah?! Liddat also can....=)Mwahahaha....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. That wan we worry later. WIN FREE PARTY FIRST!!!


ATTN: Huai Bin
– AWESOME! We shall berpakat! Bloggerssss UNITE! =p

Deal's on. If I win, I invite you. If you win, you invite me. =)

Eh, you got tactic to win wan ah??? -_- I need to think of something wei. I kiasuuuuu!!!


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Of course can lah! Haha. Free party who dun wan? =p

Simon Seow said...

Am I invited? If you win? Huai Bin is also lobbying for this.

sheon said...

YEEEEEEEAH!!! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

Nicholas Chay said...

walao both you and Huai Bin!!!

Huai Bin said...

I got tactic. Quite keng one.

1. Gather lots of pull tabs.
2. Send it in bulk.
3. Win.

;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Shit lah. His tactic like more power than mine. HELP!!!


ATTN: sheon
– YEAAAHHHH, HEEELLLPPP MEEEEE!!!


ATTN: Nicholas Chay
– KIASU-ISM RULEZ!!!


ATTN: Huai Bin
– Walau. If only lah so easy. See luck wan okay, this wan. =_=

Unknown said...

U can buy those tonic drinks then empty them into containers or some beer barrels and then be an F&N monger at the pasar malam.

Perhaps, u can rent a buffalo or donkey or hog or a pack of wild dogs or cats to pull the carts. Marketing 101.

Now when is this partay?

Unknown said...

ok, how bout havin, movie goers being served teh F&N drinks by different animals. With each of the donkey, buffalo, hog, dogs and cats serving F&Ns by the bucket or barrel, which they carry on their back.

Anonymous said...

hmmm ... a free party aint that easy to come by..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Haha. You wanna help me sell those F&N drinks at pasar malams? Let's go! Haha.

WHEN I win this party, it'll be on a weekend before the 21st of November lor. Should be lah.

Eh, why animals ah? So bestiality lah, you.


ATTN: Jenny
– Haha. Well, a girl can dream, no? =p

Unknown said...

Ok, ok, no animals as sideshow. I forgot some of u are ("is" should be better) abit koo koo over those feathery, gentle, lovely, chirping species of the animal kingdom.

Instead, I think u should choose the Beach Blast theme and u do the wet t-shirt thingy, where everyone fills the water gun wif F&N and "blast" everyone away!!!!!! Fun & Nourishing (F&N) hehe, innit? Then there's a fountain props using inflatable plastic swimming pools and F&N spewing hoses. It shall be called "The Fountain of Nutrication". Follow this blue-print and u shall be the victor! The rest are juz pretenderz.

Family First said...

Ok Pam . Nuffnang told me to help you out .. so I have pledged my support on my blog .. good luck!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Gentle? Lovely? PFFT. Nonsense.

Eh, wet t-shirt parties are for guys lah. If you haven't noticed, I'm a GIRL. So that kinda stuff like pimping girls doesn't really get my heart pumping.

And, yes. The rest are juz pretenderz. *grin*


ATTN: FAMILY FIRST
– Awww, thanks! So nice of you! And so nice of them, too! Thank you thank you!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!