Friday, November 30, 2007

Far From Being A Virtuous Wife

I think it's time to do go through the list once again. Just to know the current state of things (i.e. me) and to give myself good, hard shove that'll, hopefully, bring me to that much-needed point of awareness.


-----------------------
Proverbs 31:10 - 31
-----------------------


10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

...Not feeling too worthy right now so I'm gonna say it's a 'No'.


11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

...Only time will tell.


12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

...Good intentions don't count but it's not like I don't try so... Yeah. I'm gonna leave it at that.


13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

...Yeah.


14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

...This has gotta be a metaphor. One that I don't quite get.


15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

...No. Not usually. No.


16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

...Perhaps. Cos I don't exactly see myself doing that just yet, but I also can't see myself not doing that.


17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

...Nope. Not physically, no. I'm a loser when it comes to keeping up my exercise routine... not that I have one.


18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

...Yeah. Cracked at the sides and chipped at the bottom... but if you ask me, it's not really that noticeable. The patch-up work was pretty good. I went to a Professional.


19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

...How is this always a good thing?


20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

...It's a 'Not Really' for the first and a 'Pretty Much So' for the second.


21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

...They will be.


22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

...Yeah, I can do that.


23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

...Sure. No reason why he shouldn't be.


24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

...Yeah, yeah. What's with all the focus on work? With me, and especially right now, that's pretty much a given.


25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

...Yes and amen.


26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

...Most of the time, I hope. But I really don't know anymore. Perhaps not. Not.


27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

...I don't think I do.


28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

...Pain.


29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

...That's what they both tell me but I don't know if I deserve it. It takes a lot to be noble. A lot. And I'm not a lot of things people want me to be, too. I'm not who I want to be.


30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

...Not enough.


31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

...We'll see.


– New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.


----------


Wow. I just broke my own heart.
All things are possible these days.


That was difficult for me. Really really difficult. And oh, perfect timing. My heart, once again, aches for no apparent reason. But no time to stop and wonder what it's about. No time, for there's much work to be done.

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
...Most of the time, I hope. But I really don't know anymore. Perhaps not. Not.

Haha true Pam..remember the blonde incident ;)?

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
...That's what they both tell me but I don't know if I deserve it. It takes a lot to be noble. A lot. And I'm not a lot of things people want me to be, too. I'm not who I want to be.

Awww Pam =(. Who's they? At least you're not a whole lot of things the world expects and wants you to be. You're of the world but not from the world, right =)?

Anonymous said...

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that he might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish
(Eph 5:25-27)

Whatever it may be and however you may feel right now, just know that someday, there will be someone out there who will love you this way, and that it will be beautiful in the time set apart by Him who makes all things such...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: lesley
– Blondie? You so mean. Sniff.

And about who "they" are... Well, it's just them lor. =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: anonymous
– Thanks.

But what if finding someone to love me this way is possible... but me becoming the way I should be in the given time, isn't? Then what?

But, yeah. Thanks. It means a lot. =)

Anonymous said...

Trust Him =)

- l e s l e y* - said...

Hey sorry Pam, just teasing you =(.

But what if finding someone to love me this way is possible... but me becoming the way I should be in the given time, isn't? Then what?
Then maybe God will give you a guy that loves you for who you are and not who you will become =)

Anonymous said...

Verse 10: Appreciation!
Verse 11: Trust!
Verse 12: A Good Helper!
Verse 13: Initiative & Dilligent.
Verse 14: Sense of responsibility!
Verse 15: Dutiful!
Verse 16: A Good planner.
Verse 17: Hardwork & Perseverance!
Verse 18: A Good Strategist.
Verse 19: A Caretaker.
Verse 20: Woman with compassion.
Verse 21: Well prepared!
Verse 22: Appreciates herself!
Verse 23: Respect the hubby!
Verse 24: An earner too!
Verse 25: Strength & DIGNITY!
Verse 26: Wisdom.
Verse 27: Mindful and concerns.
Verse 28: Gain respect from the family members!
Verse 29: A noble exampler.
Verse 30: Fear GOD!
Verse 31: Gain rewards (Well appreciated!)

Of all these.....I think Verse 30 is the most important wan....bcos The fear of the Lord is the beggining of UNDERSTANDING! =)

JYJL said...

You will be one, :). We aint perfect anyway.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Anonymous
– Will do. =)


ATTN: Lesley
Then maybe God will give you a guy that loves you for who you are and not who you will become

Well, that's what they always say, right? And sure... It happens to some of us. But what about the rest of us? And anyway, we're human, right? Much as men are. And as humans, we expect.


ATTN: adrian
– Of course. No argument there.


ATTN: Jacob. Y
– We'll see...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!