Monday, October 26, 2020

Pink October 2020 @ Gleneagles Hospital, Penang

During my final Herceptin immunotherapy IV back in end-August, I was asked to contribute a hand print and an uplifting message to spur my fellow survivors on this #PinkOctober Well, today, I saw it up at the hospital for the first time and it just occurred to me that I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL IN ALMOST 2 MONTHS! Shocker. Haha. Can't believe that I used to have to go in every 3 weeks or less, for a whole year and three weeks – that's 1 August 2019 (my first appointment with the Breast Surgeon to assess the lump) through to 25 August 2020 (my last Herceptin IV). Felt endlessly long at the time but... Time does fly by.

 





I'm back because I have my scheduled monthly CT scan again today. Didn't want to get my line put in by the folks at the Imaging Department cos I've had some painful misses there before. 😣 So, I hopped on up to Level 4 and got my line put in by the nice folks at the chemo wing. Haha. 


You see la. So pro. Even give me hot water baggie
to help plump up my veins so that they can insert
a CT-friendly (read: BIGGER) needle.
p/s: More on that orange baggie later.

Hi, Fitri! We meet again!

Ouch.

Done. Going back down to the Imaging Department to wait for my CT.

Got changed, gulped down my CT cocktail, then sat down to wait.


And wait and wait and wait.


It took so long for them to get my blood-work results this time around. Not sure why. I ended up waiting the whole morning away in that green gown. Results out later so I'll be going back to the hospital again after this. On a happier note... 


FREEBIES sempena Pink October 2020! 


The chemo staff so very kindly kept my goodie bag and passed it to me when I happened to go to the 4th floor to get my line in today. (The orange baggie seen in my hot water pouch pic above!) Contributors were supposed to come back to the hospital to collect these but... aiya lazy lah. Also didn't wanna risk the additional exposure to potential germs at the hospital, so I just didn't bother. But thanks to these kind nurses, I got my goodies anyway. Wheee! πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŒˆ


My favourite of all the goodies.
#PinkOctober #BreastCancerSurvivor

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!