Friday, October 30, 2020

Finding Hope With Faithful Friends

God has truly blessed us with good friends during our time in KL. One group of such friends is our SIBKL cell group, who are aptly named Faithful Friends.


Because faithful friends they truly are.


I was feeling pretty out of it since my biopsy on Tuesday. Disconnected and disinterested with things. Overall just down and depressed. I was also nursing a bad headache and just wanted to shut out the world and go to bed by 8pm.


But Faithful Friends core group asked for a Zoom call to pray with us tonight at 9pm so... paiseh ma. People ask to pray for you then you reject – how can right?? So I ma said, ok lor. Just out of obligation and paiseh-ness. πŸ˜…


But deep down in my heart,
I was actually dragging my tiny little ticker feet
over having to "meet" people and tired of having to
verbalise my sad sob situation all over again. πŸ˜£


It started with me explaining what was going on to the cosy group of 9 leaders, with The Husband by my side. When asked how I felt, I confessed aloud for the very first time – I feel... less hopeful this time around. πŸ˜” #letsbehonest


They listened quietly.

Then one by one,
they took turns to uphold us in prayer.


Some cried, I cried. It was a real sob fest when we started. πŸ˜‚ But midway through, the spirit shifted. The heaviness lifted. God spoke to me through his people and I was reminded to be happy. And joyful. And to fill myself with laughter instead of sadness.


The Zoom call ended on a high note. My head was still pounding... but my spirit was lifted from the outpouring of love and care from these people who – to be honest – are no longer obligated to shepherd and care for us, now that we've left KL. Our cell leader even told us:


"You see la. I ask everybody for core meeting,
everybody say tonight cannot. Suddenly I said,
"Core, let's pray for Pam," everybody is online."

LOL.


I feel so fortunate and grateful to have friends who will rally around me like this in times when I am weak and my spirit is downcast. Truly, I am blessed. ❤️


Photo taken during our KL farewell organised by Faithful Friends
@ Italia & Ribs, Plaza Damas on 20 July 2019.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!