Friday, October 09, 2020

Designing Brand Identity By Alina Wheeler

Eight pages in and I'm loving this book so far. πŸ‘


I'm learning lots and it feels good to update my knowledge after being away from actively immersing myself in the advertising / marketing / branding industry for awhile. (Freelance Copywriting doesn't really make me feel like I'm a part of the creative community, if you ask me. No agency life, no kick la. πŸ˜†)


Sometimes I can't believe that I'd sidelined my career and have actually dedicated almost eight years of my life to motherhood. I guess when you're busy, you really don't have time to check the clock (or the calendar. πŸ˜†) But I must admit – while focusing on growing and nurturing my little family is fulfilling in its own way, I do miss the excitement, pace and buzz of agency life. 


But jumping back into the game after so long seemed like an uphill task. I felt like the extent of my knowledge was a decade behind time. And although I think I've got a good gut for these things and am quick enough on my feet to adapt to the changes that have taken place, I still wanted the data, the methodologies and the tried-and-tested, proven-to-work processes industry experts have come up with over the years to steer and guide our community.


That's where Wheeler comes in.

And so the studying begins...


You know, I once considered taking a Masters or a second degree in Psychology. Many years back circa 2007. Or was it 2010? Hmmm. My memory fails me. #chemobrain Anyway, fast-forward to life after kids and I eventually stopped seeing myself going back to school, be it part time or full time. Just... no, thank you; I'm done. πŸ˜… 


But now, I think I was looking at the whole idea of studying wrongly. You see, I still don't think I'm cut out for a life of cramming for tests and rushing assignments at this point in my life. But gaining knowledge is a lifelong process. And self improvement through lifelong learning appeals to me greatly. Also, the subject of BRANDING very much relates to my previous field of study and interest.


And that's why I'm actually happy doing this.

 
Notes I took from key learnings gained from
Designing Brand Identity By Alina Wheeler, Pages 1-8.


Guai guai sit down thak chek. πŸ€“

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!