Thursday, April 26, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours

...and I just keep drowning in the flood.

Before the rain.




Beautiful, innit?


I love the way the grass always looks oh-so-green and the dunno-what-tree leaves always sway when they're tickled by the breeze. (Palm trees, maybe? Hmmm. Or coconut trees? Nah, can't be. Haven't seen any coconuts. Pokok Pinang, perhaps? Dunno la. I'm not some tree expert.) The view kinda eases the whole tense, I-so-need-to-meet-a-deadline-in-5-minutes working atmosphere that I'm getting very much akin to. Haha. I like. I like a lot a lot.


When it rains, it floods.




Yes, it floods pretty bad.


I love it though. The way killer raindrops burst into a zillion smaller droplets on the glass panes that extend from floor to ceiling, just 4 feet away from me. The way the wind nudges the glass that's all around me into eerie howls that come and go. The way the lights above me glow warmly while the rain furiously attacks the building I'm cosily seated in with a pashmina around my shoulders. I love it when it rains. Except, of course, for terribly rainy days when I have to play heroine and save my car from the rising, murky flood waters. Heh.


After the rain.




A calm has settled.


Sure, the place looks like it got hit by a hurricane but the atmosphere is undeniably lovely after the rain. The smell of fresh air. The way the water on the ground no longer ripples. The way the cool breeze starts to fan the dunno-what-tree leaves once again. Sigh. I love it.


Life's like that as well, isn't it?


The good and the bad stuff comes in seasons. When the weather's fine, the sun shines, the birds chirp, and the stars twinkle at night. Life welcomes Summer with open arms and hopes that the season never passes. But it always does.


The clouds roll in and before you know it, the sun's no longer in sight. The wind gets stronger and the breeze a little colder than it was before. Autumn hits Life with a good chill before ushering in tougher times in days to come.


The occasional stormy day is unavoidable, isn't it? That's when the wind howls, the window panes shiver and the lights go off when the fuse trips. All seems dark and dreary, every thing's wet and drenched through... unless we're protected from the storm by One far greater than ourselves. Winter is hard to bear but when it comes, you better be at the right place, in the hands of the right One, or that winter will be a cold, hard, lonely one. If you've got that part down pat, hang in there. It'll all be over before you know it.


Soon, Spring makes an appearance. The grass grows, the flowers flower, the wild rabbits scamper through the woods, and the sun peeks out behind the clouds with a shy smile. Soon enough, it's as green as it ever was again.


I guess Life's such. It's not that it plays games with us and sees which one of us breaks down before the other. Instead, Life, herself, is subject to the games Season plays. But He who made the seasons is the One who's the Biggest Boss at the table, right? So, the bottom line is this: know Who to speak to when the wind starts blowing a little harder than you're used to and all will be well.


Talk to Him. He listens. He always listens.


---------


Oh, by the way. Just so you know,
this picture is one of the 8th floor.
Yes, the EIGHTH floor. KL so rocks.

Uh,... I mean floods. =p

46 comments :

Jono said...

A girl as pretty as you, I just throw you inside make the whole scene pretty again. ok ?

Pam Song said...

Haha. And the sweet talker returns. =p

Jono said...

Throw you inside that 'pond' ler. Sweet meh ? hahaha

You blushed

Pam Song said...

Pfft.

Me?
Blush?
Because of you?

Never.

Anonymous said...

i have a feeling jo-no likes pamsong...subtly that is....

Pam Song said...

PamSong would so squash Jono like a bug if he ever tried anything funny. Plus I doubt he'd be able to handle a woman like me. Heh heh. The young one still has much to learn.

And WHO ARE YOU?

Jono said...

yea I have this mad crush on Pam. I wanna follow her around with a fountain pen to poke those dimples every time she smiles... :P if not Id tie her to a chair and continue poking. The dimples of course.

Handle you Pam ? hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

aiyoo Guys... leave her alonelar... U guys wanna kena from her bf.. surely wont be fun one...hahaha =)))

Jono said...

But but...teasing Pam is my new found passion...

Jono said...

Also coz, im at the uni's library with loads of free time...so...*Shrugs*

Anonymous said...

Jono:

Haha.. I just learned new thing today.. "Poking dimples is fun!" Let me try with a female friend...see how that goes...
Wkakaka =)))

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jono
– You're a dead man. Adhojlim is right. Start digging, okay? Make sure it's a deep one.

And try handling the bf, instead. Hah.


ATTN: adhojlim
– Spare whichever girl who's dimples you intend to kill. She won't like it one bit. Perhaps HER bf would go after you then. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Pam:
Haha...I find the one with no bf onelor..and poke..poke..poke like Jono.. mana tau..she falls for me...hahaha =P

To you the lucky one: I am coming your way....hahaha =))

Pam Song said...

And with that last comment, Tinki Talks officially becomes a singles ad page. Sigh. Sad case la.

Anonymous said...

Not too bad heh!... reconcile the hurt couples and joining ribs for the lonely one =P ...hahaha =))

TracyEm. said...

beep. pammie.

lari topic sikit.

mish yew small fry =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Haha. If you find your girl here, I'd better be given honourary mention during your wedding, man!


ATTN: moey yin leng
– Whoa. Check out that name. I never knew. Haha. What took you so long to pop by? Tsk tsk.

Me mishes you, too. =(

Anonymous said...

cheh...honourary ooo..kau bin puay mia olang....=P

Anonymous said...

hehe... I got a lot of fans one you know...*wink wink* so I am gonna do the poking dimples thingy soon...kinda funler..haha =))

alamak bosss datang...

Anonymous said...

dimple poking really that fun meh?? hmmm ...oh dang all my dimple friends are in kl ...dang

Anonymous said...

Zecount:

Heh! you no syok onelar...=P

U try poke one and see the response.. some will hit your arm damm hard and say 'Wei..lu suay nia olang' Hehe =P

Jono said...

Poke dimples either use the same finger you dig your ears, nose and teeth with. ah-ah you know which finger Im talking about! hahaha...either that or just stick with a foutain pen like I do. Blue Ink nicer.

haha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Of course have to la! Eh, I never ask you to pay means very good di okayyy. Nothing in this life comes free. "He who finds a good wife, finds a good thing." So PAY UP for your "good thing" when you get her.

See, boss datang. Read blog at work summore la! Terrible. Tsk tsk. Tak tau malu. Terima gaji tak buat kerja.

You tell Zecount stuff in Hokkien he dun understand wan la. Haha. If get also agak agak only wan.


ATTN: zecount
– Haha. CHC got A LOT actually.

And don't listen to adhojlim. WE ALWAYS HIT BACK. You sure die wan. Plus, we scream, too. =p


ATTN: Jo-no
– You need help. Lotsa help.

Anonymous said...

we scream?? more like YOU scream ... bad experience man

Anonymous said...

Pam:
Wat to do... boss also already in holiday mood... hehe so we relaxs alsolar...=)

Guys! Queen Pam suddenly transformed into the matchmaking auntie.....Wow! Wear the sarung batik..surely look superb wan...hahaha =) Fuhyo! got bzness card ah?

Haha..if they hit back...lagi syok! Free massage service lagi....wkakaka =)))

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
– Same same la. Haha. And you asked for it.


ATTN: adhojlim
– You dunno our industry, boy. We here no using business card. We all people talk here talk there then many many know us. You slow slow learn.

You say only if girls hit back nice. Wait till you kena terror terror from some ppl. HAHA. Guarantee tangan tak boleh guna dua hari. =p

Anonymous said...

Hehe..U dunno meh. I always kena terror terror one from my female friends ...OOOOoooo...If lagi kuat lagi syok! Message kuat-kuatlar girls...Shonglor...hahaha =))

Ngek..Ngek...Ngek =PPP

Anonymous said...

oh adrain that's just sounds.....sick ...get wahck to get pleasure ??!! sorry not my cup of tea hahahah

Anonymous said...

Zecount:
sick for you small size fella...but not for melor..free message service wat...=)))hahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
– You know what, I agree with you. Like totally. I don't know how these strangers end up on my page. Really. I'm at a lost for words. I'm scared. I believe you are too. I'll keep you in prayers. I hope the effects aren't longterm.


ATTN: adhojlim
– I'm not talking to you no more. You're weird.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... the Queen is merajuk...tsk tsk... =P relaxslar fren... =))

Pam Song said...

Abo?

Anonymous said...

habis lah adrian ...terpijak her tail dah ... *checking neck and above* ok mine still here ... nearly got mine bitten off when i terpijak her's

Anonymous said...

Zecount:
Nasib baik she is in KL...hehe...Im pretty safe for the time being...you know wat, her church is just a 100m away from mine in Pg..If she comes back also, no worries for me.....I will take cover..=P

hehe... hide behind her grandma and GRINS at her when I see her!....Hahahaha....=))))

Anonymous said...

you're never safe from pam song !! too many connections liao ..heck she even knows sumone from my HOUSE !!.. summore u in PENANG ...HER HOMEBASE ..si liao lah *blowing trumpet*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
– You know leh. Hmmph. Too much this one. Dunno who he's messing with. Cari mati.


ATTN: adhojlim
– And like who says I'm in KL now? Huh? Which church you go to la?! Dun bluff la. 100m?! LIAR! I'm FROM Penang okay. Born and bred. Dun try to conn my.

And anyway, my grandma will be on MY side, okayyy. If this is war, the Songs will stick together. You're a dead man. I suggest you listen to Zecount. He's being VERY nice to you. And he's speaking out of concern for you. AND speaking out of experience. Ask him about how I handed his Limited Edition nickname over to Brisbane on a silver platter even though I'm nowhere near Australia. Heh. =p

Anonymous said...

Oik Oik....you are not in PCC meh? Then I guess u must be attending Harvest CC....Hahaha...lagi best! Far far away from mine....Neh...Neh...=PPPP

You cant catch me!....=PPPPPPP

Pam Song said...

Cheh. Always assuming. No la. I'm not in PCC. And I'm not in HCC either. Heh. And anyway, I don't need to be the one to "hurt" you. I've got konco for that. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Whoa...until konco come out! Beh tahan betul...the Queen starts recruiting the army of ladies. =P Hehe.. I pray that her plan may not prosper! Hahaha... Is God is for me who can be against me! Yeah!Hahaha... Penang First AOG guys are well trained one you know! =P

Wei..Wei..Wei...what did you did to Zecount? Sounds evilar you =P

So which church is your "tay-tao"? FGA island plaza? Methodist? Baptist? You kinda nomadlar...=P

Pam Song said...

Of course la. Didn't you know that when it comes to the dirty job, the head doesn't masuk tangan wan? You obviously don't know how the whole thing works. Haha.

And who says my army consists of women alone? Cheh. I'm not sexist. I have more than my fair share of male friends. Zecount can testify to that. It's true. Hah.

Penang First AOG guys still need to learn from CHC guys. =p

I didn't DO anything to Zecount. He did it unto himself when he tried to work his way around the Dark Queen's power.

Who say I nomad. Protestant la. But unfortunately I'm in Penang some of the time and in KL some of the time so I'm at two churches lor. Eh, dun assume that just cos you know my grandma you know me ah. Warning you ah. I bite.

Anonymous said...

Pffftt..learn from CHC guyslor..we teach them instead and 'kau-tim' girls like Pam onlylor! *Grins* =P

U move from Pg->KL->Pg and bla..bla..bla... That is why nomadlar...moving around mah =p hahaha =)

Oik..Oik..you like no need to work one meh? Tot U got a job in KL? And now you are back? Very syoklar your job..=P

Wanna bite me? Bite the 'ka-chui'lar...taste good for youlor...hahaha =PPPPP

Pam Song said...

Heh. By your reply, it only tells me that CHC guys have a LOT of work to do if they decide to work on YOU. Tsk tsk. Much to learn, bro. Much to learn.

And yuck. I shall not even bother to reply your "kha-chui" comment. That was so past the deep end.

Anonymous said...

yeah! work harder and find me there....hehe Im ready for it! =P

Anyway where got CHC in Penang?

Pam Song said...

No need. Dun wan find you also la. Cheh. Go all out to kill you? Not worth my time la fren. Haha.

CHC is in KL la.

Anonymous said...

Im relief...and if you wan to kill me...hehe you also not dare onelar.....looks tough in the outside but softy one in the inside.....hahaha =PPP

Pam Song said...

Oh, you assume too much.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!