Monday, April 16, 2007

Hongkee Tonk

Everyone's connected to everybody else these days. In theory, at least. So much so that it becomes scary sometimes. And with the Internet, the 6-Person Rule probably no longer applies like it used to. Maybe it should be called the 3-Person Rule nowadays or something.


I've got friends I know from different social circles in Malaysia who head to Australia to study, who suddenly find themselves realising that they both know me. Small world. I had this friend who linked me to another friend with the intention of me getting that friend attached to a church in my hometown, only to find that I know the said individual's sister (who shares my name, by the way) from a separate social circle in another state! Again, small world.


Scary, huh?


Well, I checked out my Recent Visitor Information online and found that only half my readers are from Malaysia. Whoa. The rest seem to be spotting the world map at random. Look.



Based on the numbers I see and the locations that have been listed, I realise that I only can attest to knowing people from Malaysia (duh), Australia, Singapore, the United States (of America, I'm assuming. No other United States around, right?), Canada, and maybe a pathetic handful from the United Kingdom. As for the rest, WHO ARE YOU!?


I have readers from Spain and Hong Kong!?

Cools!

Ahem ahem. And once again,
Tinki Talks takes another bold step
into the international arena. Haha.


Well, since I can't say I know Spanish, "El Zorro" and "Aserejé" (the title of Las Ketchup's hit single "The Ketchup Song") aside, I'll dedicate the rest of this post to my anonymous Hongkee readers.


This is for you.


-----------


Eh! Lei tei tok ngor geh blogsi geh ah?
(English Translation: Eh, you all read my blog wan ah?)

Kam hou geh! Aiyo, ngo zhung um chi wor. Haha.
(English Translation: So good wan! Aiyo, I still didn't know wor. Haha.)

Hou la, hou la. Kei tak yat yat tuk ah.
(English Translation: Good la, good la. Remember every day read ah.)

Kam zau gwai la.
(English Translation: Like that then considered good la.)


-----------


Phew. That took a lot outta me. Bedtime.

6 comments :

Jono said...

Err....congrats ?

Pam Song said...

Haha. Yes yes, thank you.

hon said...

seriously, i thought that was damn cute. im cantonese. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
– Haha. It took a lot of effort okay! Haha. Stress. =p

And wow. You came pretty far back to find this! I even forgot I wrote it already. When I saw "Hongkee Tonk" I spaced out for a bit. Then realised that, hey! It's a Tinki Talks post worrr. Better go check. Haha.

hon said...

i saw it listed as one of the tags. =)

good try! i can never spell HYPY for canto. not even for mandarin... haha!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: hon
– Ahh, I see. Haha. I simply pakai hentam wan lah, my HYPY. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!