Sunday, April 01, 2007

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Remember my posts entitled "No Fight"? Well, Ms Brainiac here was dumb enough to pay PHOP, Queensbay Mall, Penang another visit just last week. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why did I not remember the fact that the pancakes don't even taste half as good as the ones in KL's PHOP outlets?! Prime example of ke-bodoh-an to the max.


Sigh.


So, there I sat – right smack in the middle of Queensbay Mall, Penang. Out came my order without a second thought or a further glance through the menu, "Uh, one Treasure Box please."




Heh. Same order as always. I've only ever ordered that. Never one to try anything new or out of the ordinary, I readily admit to being such a plain-vanilla when it comes to food.


"And one warm water and a glass of ice please,"
I continued, without skipping a beat.


The guy blinked. I smiled. He blinked again. I smiled again. Oh-kkaaayyy. What's goin' on here, man? This is making me reeeeally uncomfortable. So hard to understand, meh? Hmmm.


"Uh miss, I need to checking wid da kitchen, ok?"


Haih. Check la, check la. So difficult. Water + Ice = Happy Customer. Must think so much, check so much, meh? I think the equation's pretty clear, innit? Just bring la! Haiyo. Customer's always right, okayyy. Sigh. Nehmind, maybe new staff. I give face.


*waits*


And then he returned with a not-so-right look and an apologetic smile on his face. Damn. Bad news for sure.


"Uh, sorry miss. Management say kenot la.
They kata if want sejuk mesti order bottle punye."


WHHAAATTTTT?! Forget it. You can just forget it. I'm not about to let you suck me (and my wallet) dry, you lousy bloodsuckers! There's no way I'm paying RM2 (or more) just for tempered cold water. Just bring me my blasted pancake and warm water la. Fed up.


And even that took all year to come.

Not good.


The waiting gave me time to think. And the more I thought about it all, the more I seethed on the inside. The more I seethed on the inside, the more it came out in mumbo-jumbo grumbling. Soon after, I was well on my way of successfully pulling off a rant rampage.


Too much. Remember my gripe on how they charged 50 sen for warm water? Well, they still do. The thieving swindlers! It's obvious that none of the owners read my blog. Pfft. Stupid, stupid, stupid people. They'd have learnt much from my writing – my constructive criticism. Help improve their business, it will.


Stupid.


The thing that pisses me off most is that now, they've wised up! Darn it! Stupid people! (Don't ask me how they've successfully wised up and increased in stupidity at the same time. I don't care how it happens. It just does when it comes to these PHOP folk.) Why? Cos they no longer allow orders of free ice, that's why! And what's worse is that you can't even order a glass of ice even if you're willing to pay for it. Goodness! What is the meaning of this!? It's outrageous. I'm utterly outraged. Bah!


Stupid.

*grumble grumble*


And finally, after taking all century, my orders arrived. I was not happy. You know what pissed me off even more? They stopped the nice pancake deco, too! Come on, man! If I'm paying good money for flour, eggs, sugar and milk, I could (at the very least) be given the blasted pancakes with an artistic touch. What rubbish is this la? Even my trash at home is displayed in more creative ways than this. It looked like they just dumped everything into the bowl and hoped it all stayed put.




Bleh. Tengok pun meluat. Phooi!




PHOP, Queensbay Mall, Penang's goin' down, man.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

ketara not enough sleep lah tu hahahaha

Pam Song said...

Haha. Not enough sleep then get mang chang and pek chek then rant online la. What else? Punching pillows is a tad more tiring than letting my fingers do the talking. =p

Anonymous said...

You know what babe...."It's time to come home, to a place where you belong, where the love is just enough for you."

Hugs,
Nisha

Pam Song said...

You know what, babe? You couldn't be more right.

Love,
pamsong

Post a Comment

Talk to me!