Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aesop Night In

Barely an hour before this, I was tucking into a yummy dinner. At this very moment, I'm sitting on my bed, fresh from an Aesop bath (more on that in a bit =p), blogging on my comp, on my bed, in my room, alone at home and enjoying the quiet of the night. Ahhh, bliss. I could do with more supremely relaxing nights like this. =)


So, about that Aesop bath. Haha. (Yes, the obsession continues... =p) After dodging flying oil, eating my fill and feeling like a happy lump of lard, I decided to take a peek into my not-so-secret-anymore Aesop stash, grab a sachet or two (or three or four) and pamper myself tonight. Settled on these packets:


From Top-Bottom, Left-Right: Colour Protection Shampoo,
Colour Protection Conditioner, Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser and
A Rose By Any Other Name Body Cleanser.


That's right! Full head-to-toe pampering by Aesop. =D


But then again, it's not very much of a pamper if you're only using bath-time basics like shampoo, conditioner, face wash and body wash, right? :-/ So, of course, I planned to fill in the gaps with these two Aesop products I already own.


Geranium Leaf Body Scrub (back) and
Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste (front).


Ended up only using the Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste
in the bath cos a DIY full-body scrub would take
too long and my back was already aching. =(


I don't think I've blogged about this exfoliant though. It's actually a face scrub I bought a couple of months back. (Awhile after I bought the Geranium Leaf Body Scrub.) Was looking for one cos I found that my neglected skin was starting to look a little dull. So... where better to look than my favourite skincare brand these days – Aesop! Haha. Or so I thought. @_@


To be honest with you, I was a little disappointed with the scrub after using it. In hindsight, I wish I had a sample sachet of it to give it a try before I made my purchase. :-/ I mean, it's not bad lah. But it's not super-duper wonderful either. I just wish it smelled a little better. Don't get me wrong though. It doesn't smell bad. It just doesn't smell like sunshine and rainbows. Haha. But it does the job. The after-effects are acceptable. My skin was smoother and had a moderately better glow. I only wish it didn't leave a slightly oily film on my face after, too. But then again, it's not unbearably oily lah. I can live with it. :-/


 Colour Protection Shampoo.


I LOVED THIS SHAMPOO. It looked like thick olive oil in my hand. Haha. Clear with a little bit of yellow tinge. It lathered well and smelled great. Only bit that bothered me a little was that it finished off squeaky clean. Like, SQUEAKY! There's no way you could use this shampoo without a conditioner. I'll bet the tangles thereafter would be crazy!


So, thank goodness I was given the conditioner...


 Colour Protection Conditioner.


The conditioner didn't work like I expected it to. It didn't feel "conditioning" at all, unlike other conditioners. It wasn't slimy, smooth or slippery. Just a thick, semi-translucent, white paste that you apply to your hair. Thing is, since it doesn't feel like a regular conditioner, you can't really tell where you've applied it on and where you haven't. :-/ I was pretty disappointed at first. Thought sure no effect wan. BUT... after rinsing it out... man, oh man! It worked! My hair was no longer "squeaky", yet it didn't have that slimy texture regular conditioners always leave behind! I was impressed! Totally redeemed in my books. =D


Next, I tackled my face.


 Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser.


I really liked this gel cleanser. It didn't lather very much, but it cleaned my skin the way I like my facial cleansers to – clean, but not squeakily so. It also didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after even though I didn't bother toning or moisturising at all tonight. (Whoops. Bad habits die hard. =p) Need another plus point? It smelled pretty good, too! =D


Finally, I gave my body an Aesop wash.




This body cleanser smells semi-nice, semi-funky. Haha. I think the Black Pepper messes up the scent a little and the Rose Petal is what saves the day. It doesn't lather much at all but my skin felt clean after use, without any noticable dryness. Still, I would want to try their other body cleansers first before buying one. (IF I ever buy one, that is.) I'm not fully sold on this baby just yet.


All in all, I had a good night pampering myself with Aesop in the bath. I was very satisfied with the results of the shampoo, conditioner and the face wash, but was least impressed by the body cleanser. If the shampoo and conditioner cost a little less, I would totally get me some of that. But... my current shampoo and conditioner probably only cost one-third the price of Aesop's so... I've got a lot of thinking to do before I even consider jumping ship. :-/ Same goes for the face wash, to be honest. Why does Aesop have to be so expensive?? Haih! T_T


Maybe I'll just work on getting more samples instead. @_@

2 comments :

Lissa said...

Looooooooove the scrub! <3
Aesop rawks.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– SO NICE RIGHT??? Love it, too! Welcome to the world of Aesop! (So proud that I helped convert you and not your own brother. HAHA.)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!