Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Good, One Bad, And Nothing In Between

MOVIE #1: Life As We Know It


A drama/romcom about life, love and family, that's funny, heart-warming (I actually held back tears at one point *sniffle*), and believably complicated. In my eyes, Katherine Heigl redeemed herself with this one. (I h-a-t-e-d Killers.) Oh, and it helped that Josh Duhamel looked totally yummy throughout. Haha. A definite must-go-see on a girls' night out!

But don't scoff and wave this movie off if you're a guy. It might be good bringing your girlfriend/fiancé/wife for couples' night out with this one, too. It displays – in a comedic way – some of the struggles that take place when two differing personalities find themselves under one roof and shows just what it takes (e.g. compromise, sacrifice, etc) to overcome those struggles. Thumbs up for this one!


------------- 


MOVIE #2: Skyline


I totally got conned into watching this one. You see, it was sold to me as "A BLOCKBUSTER". With aliens! And spaceships! Unfortunately, a blockbuster it so is not. IMHO, it's a B-grade sci-fi suspense-thriller that revolves around human-abducting, lightsaber-equipped aliens that look too much like the sentinels in The Matrix to even be considered visually creative. -_-'''

To give you a hint of how bad this one was, get this: THE LEAD MALE CRIED. And not in a macho-meets-romantic way, okay. Just in a sissy, half-arsed, I-can't-go-on-anymore-this-is-so-hard-where's-my-mommy kinda way. -_-''' Fail maximum. I don't know lah, guys. To me, this movie has nothing to its name. Not even eye candy. Take my word for it. Don't waste your life on this one.

3 comments :

Melissa said...

I loved Life As We Know It. It was a good rom-com, with a few tender and heartwarming scenes. Not to mention, Baby Sophie is SO cute. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Yesss it was! I wasn't expecting much when I went in though. I didn't even know which ticket my friend bought and sat down in the cinema then asked her. Hahahaha. But yeah. Good movie. =)

Jeffro said...

Ahhh a good recommendation. I'll go with movie #1 since it's Pam's choice =D Wouldn't miss out a good movie, especially if it's a recommended one!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!