Sunday, July 24, 2011

Same Me, Less Hair

So I visited my local hair salon yesterday afternoon to snip off my wedding-purposed tresses. (FYI, longer hair makes for easier styling.) I can't say I totally recognise that girl I see looking back at me in the mirror right now but... we're becoming fast friends so I guess it's all cool. =)


Here's a pictorial recap of what happened.


Me with the 20 June 2011 edition of HELLO! magazine
on my lap after a relaxing hair wash, before the cut.


The stylist came by and we had a short discussion about what he was to do and what I was expecting to go home with. I showed him the pictorial references of what I wanted, he nodded and got to work.


My ex-hair.


More ex-hair.


You know, as much as I really wanted the cut, it has also been a long, long time since I've had hair this close to short so... I really try to keep from wincing each time I heard his scissors go, "Snip, snip, snip." T_T I think he cut off a good 9 inches of my hair yesterday!! *heartache*
 

 After the cut, before the blow.


Unfortunately, even with wet hair, I felt like I didn't really like the style of the cut. :-/ So I decided to voice my concerns. I wanted more layering and texturing along the front to frame my face. This was a straight cut all around! How Chinese highschool-looking! Eeyerrrr. But they insisted on showing me what it looked like dry before they cut any more of my hair off. Alright by me if they didn't mind the extra effort, I suppose. So after blow drying...


Nope. Still don't like it. I think it makes me look
like an adolescent schoolgirl. Phooi!


I'm good with the back though.


The stylist kept saying the cut was "very nice lah" and that that look was "in" nowadays but... whatever lah. I don't want to look "in", I want to look like ME! MY hair, MY style. *difficult consumer mode* So he very kindly obliged and snipped 2 more inches of hair off the front and along the sides of my face. Haha.


And finally, I was happy with what I saw! =)


So, to commemorate the happy moment, I slipped into the public toilet nearby and took some happy shots. This is me being happy in that said public toilet. =p







Then some lady came in and looked at me like I was half-past-mad and three-quarters-to-crazy so I drove home and took more happy shots in the privacy of my own room without judgement. Haha.






So? Whaddaya think? Ok ah short hair?

12 comments :

infinitium said...

i'm a stubborn traditionalist for girls w/long tresses, but in this case - not bad lah your new look.

selamat pulang ke tanahair!

yapthomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yapthomas said...

lagi aunty! :P

JK said...

Wow...look like Jessica Alba's sister wei...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Haha. Yayyy! That means pass lah? =p

And thanks! It's good to be back and connected. =D


ATTN: yapthomas
– Kanasai lu lah, uncle.


ATTN: JK
– Hahaha. Really bo? Dun flatter me then later talk bad behind my back. HAHA.

Felicia Boo said...

Not bad...hhahaa I also cut mine that length right after the wedding man! How come ar? Do you look more wifey now??

Zhen Ying said...

Your hair looks nice. Hugs your face very nicely.

Seems like girls go through the post-wedding syndrome by cutting their hair to take on their new role as The Wife. A few of my friends also went did the same thing after their weddings. Hopefully this will not make you look very aunty or else I'll have to call you Aunty Pam when I see you next.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Felicia Boo
– Hahahaha. I did it cos my hair rosak terus with all the hairspray. Plus... I've always wanted to try shorter hair. So since already rosak, might as well start afresh with healthy hair again. Haha.

No leh, not more wifey. They say I look younger leh. @_@


ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Yayyy! I'm starting to like it, too. Haha. And I think most brides do it not cos of The Wife role. It's cos of the Not Bride Anymore role. HAHA.

Lissa said...

Looks good. :) Anything looks good on you. Haha. *jeles*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Oh trust me, you haven't seen me with Medusa morning hair. Not EVERYTHING looks good. =p

Lissa said...

*snickers*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!