Friday, July 29, 2011

London-Cambridge-London-Paris-London, July '11: The Honeymoon Begins

Barely 48 hours after the wedding and there we were – flying off for our honeymoon! Wheee! Our flight was set to take off from Penang International Airport at 9.15PM the Monday after the wedding and would bring us down South to Singapore before bringing us back up North and straight on till morning toward our honeymoon destination – London.


As always, things happen when I fly. -_-''' We left the house much later than planned and ended up getting stuck in a massive jam all the way toward the airport. We were so late that when we arrived, we had to split up in order to divide and conquer. The Husband made a gold-medal-worthy 200m dash to check us in while I gave proper goodbyes to Mee and Dee (they gave us a ride to the airport) and handled the luggage bags.


Thank goodness, we managed to
check ourselves in on time and
so... the journey begins. =)


This first leg of the journey wasn't very eventful or memorable for me cos we were superbly late and boarding was like, NOW, NOW, NOW by the time we arrived at the gate. So before I knew it, I was walking through the gates with my fair-sized trolley bag, getting all buckled up in my seat, and headed for Singapore with my two-day-old husband by my side.


Singapore!


Our transit in Singapore gave us a grand total of 40 minutes between touchdown and our next take-off. But with all the taxiing on the runway, we ended up with only 20-minutes between arrival at Terminal 2 of Singapore's Changi International Airport, and boarding at Gate A5 of Terminal 3.


Sitting down with our tickets to London and waiting for the
inter-terminal Skytrain to bring us from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.


Terminal 3 at Singapore's Changi International Airport.


Same spot, different orientation.


Upon arriving at Terminal 3, we made a mad dash to the airport money changer to get us some Singapore Dollars. Like, just $5 SGD. Yes, $5 SGD. Hahaha. Wondering why? Well, don't laugh just yet. Cos this was a very important step that was necessary for what we planned to do next...


The Husband, changing MYR into SGD.


The Husband, waiting in line to get what we came here for.


Taking a seat and capturing a picture of it while waiting for The Husband.


...AND THIS WAS WHAT THAT
MAD RUSH WAS ABOUT! =D




Airport Curry Laksa! Hahahaha. I know, I know. 20 minutes between flights and we can go through the trouble of changing money just to stop and eat hawker food. Penangites really Penangites lah, I tell you. Non-stop thinking about food only. =p




Gobbled that down in less than 5-minutes (it wasn't as nice as I remembered -_-) and started running like mad donkeys toward Gate A5 with our carry-on luggage in tow. Haha. More on the flight in my next post. Stay tuned! =D


----------------
Related Post
----------------

11 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

hahahahaha, 20mins left to taking off and still have time to chow down some airport singapore laksa. babe, babe, i seriously have nothing to say about that. ;p

Chun Leung said...

cambridge is boring...but exciting for your camera. easily 100 shots of the scenery and flowers.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Hahahaha. Eh, food is important okayyy. You never sleep (or travel) with an empty stomach. =p


ATTN: Chun Leong
– TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU LAH! Cambridge is super boring. -_-'''

Chun Leung said...

k, i'll be expecting your post to be up soon... :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chun Leong
– Haha. Ok! But it may take longer than you expect considering I'm only just writing about the flight to London now. =p

Lissa said...

OMG. Why your pre-flights always so dramatic wan? *flails* Shen will have to put up with this for the rest of his life. HAHAHA. >.>

Haven't been to Cambridge, but I'd love to go there. Breathe in the fresh air, walk through the place. :) *hearts England*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I dunno why lah... Not my fault! The travelling stars always align against me! T_T

And no la... Cambridge not very nice. I heard Oxford is more scenic. But don't take my word for it. Just rumours. =p

Lissa said...

Haha... Okay. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– It will be awhile before I reach the Cambridge post. We went there sometime in the middle of the trip and at the rate I'm going with the posts... it's going to be a pretty long way off. HAHA.

Lissa said...

Is ok. It's worth the wait. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. May your patience pay off. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!