Thursday, November 08, 2012

Buy More, Pay Less

So you know how I've been on an Aesop addiction lately, right? And you know how I've slowly been trying out their products by tucking into my not-so-secret-anymore stash of samples, right? Well, I finally decided on which range I was comfortable with and which product I specifically wanted to BUY. (HAH! Not so cheapskate after all, right??? *lansi face*)


Of the two cleansers I tried and didn't mind, I liked the Fabulous Face Cleanser less. It didn't foam enough for me. The Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser, on the other hand, foamed sufficiently and smelled really good so it got an easy win in my books with two thumbs up.


 The cleanser I didn't like as much.


So... Ladies and gentlemen,
meet two of my latest purchases
– Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser and
Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum.




Ok, ok. To be honest with you, I only went to the Aesop counter with the intention to purchase the facial cleanser cos it's my birthday month and, as an Elite Cardholder, I would get RM50 for the first RM100 I spend at Parkson this month. =p Haha. What?? Dun judge me la. I'm being a smart shopper.


 Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser (200ml), sold at RM185.


BUT while I was at Aesop, I saw a notice that offered an RM50 Aesop voucher for every RM350 spent via credit card. How could I pass that up?? My cleanser already costs RM185. Just need to buy another product I get RM50 extra already, you know! So... I started trying some of the items in their Parsley Seed range and impulse purchased their anti-oxidant serum, too. =p


 Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum (100ml), sold at RM200. 


I also considered their eye serum but that was almost RM300 for a much, much smaller bottle. Only 50ml, I think. My brain immediately said not worth it and my Penangite pocket was just to kiam to cough out the dough so the thought of purchasing it didn't fly although I really liked what I tried. Haha.


Plus, RM350 minus RM185 only comes up to RM165. I might as well top up RM200 (closer to RM165) instead of almost RM300 (almost double the RM165 amount), right? More worth it ma. Then IF I eventually purchase the eye serum, I can use that bigger amount to make the most of another promo or voucher later on. #foresight =p


But come, come, my friends. Let's go into the details of how much I spent... and how much I got in return. (Love the latter part of that sentence big time. =p)

Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser: RM185
+ Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum: RM200
-----------------------------------
TOTAL COST (at RSP): RM385
-----------------------------------

i.e. Only RM35 over the RM350 minimum amount needed for the RM50 Aesop Voucher. 


Birthday Credit from Parkson's Elite Card for first RM100 spent in November: RM50
+ Aesop Voucher for RM350 spent in a single receipt: RM50
+ RM10 Parkson Vouchers for every RM100 spent: RM10 x 3 = RM30
+ 5% cash-back in Elite Points: RM19.25
----------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL VOUCHERS/CREDIT RECEIVED: RM149.25
----------------------------------------------------------


RM10 Parkson Vouchers x 3, RM50 Aesop Voucher
and my Parkson Elite Card.


Total Cost (at RSP) for all purchases: RM385
– Total Voucher/ Credit Received for RM385 spent: RM149.25
--------------
= RM235.75
--------------

That's a total of 38.77% savings okayyy. Almost 40%!!
I'm so proud of myself. Super worth it, right??? =D

*beams*
 

Now I just hope I don't mess things up and that my hard work and calculation doesn't go floating down the drain someday. Like, literally. Why? Cos Aesop's Parsley Seed products come in glass bottles (to avoid contamination and/or any reaction with the usual plastic bottles) and... well, we all know how clumsy I can get, and how accident-prone I can be, right? :-/


My Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser & Anti-Oxidant Serum
in their respective glass bottles.


*gulp*

10 comments :

Lissa said...

Nice, nice!! :)

Lissa said...

And yeah, I agree about the glass bottles. Haih. I'm still cleanser-less. Time to steal the other bottle. Heh heh heh. >:)

Oh, and I'll try the new masque tonight and tell you if I like it. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- This was the cleanser your bro broke? And you've got another bottle in the house?? Take it! Hahaha.

Ooo. That mask you showed me? Yes yes! Let me know how it works for you. I think I'll try a new masque tonight also. Will blog my verdict after. =)

ms.bulat said...

Haha It's definitely a girl thing to calculate to the core! And seriously quite dai la! Big bottle!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ms.bulat
- Ya lor!! Where can just buy without thinking and calculating right?? Rugi nia. Haha. Yup. Super dai. Almost 40% savings! Wahahaha.

Lissa said...

Hmmm... It was ok-ok only la... I think I prefer the parsley seed masque. :P

*looks around and whispers* You want this tub? >.>

XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– YES, I WANT! This is the green one, right?

Lissa said...

The latest pic I showed you.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Haha. Want want want!

Lissa said...

:)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!