Thursday, October 11, 2012

Easy-Macro™ For iPhone



New toy in da haus, courtesy of Dee. =)




Theoretically, it works a little like Jelly Lens but the results are sooo much better. (Price different so quality also different lah, right? Only to be expected. Haha.) I also like that it isn't a stick-on lens. Instead, you attach it to the top of your iPhone with a fuss-free rubber band that fits perfectly.




Dee had been taking pictures of anything and everything under the sun with his own Easy-Macro™ long before he passed me mine. And I've been privy to the many pictures that have appeared on Path and Facebook, but had no lens of my own to play with. T_T So when he f-i-n-a-l-l-y came around to handing me my own Easy-Macro™, I was super excited and eager to start shooting away. =D


Only problem was...




Yup. I didn't know where to start!! Hahaha. Cos... well, I've not really been going out and there isn't really anything interesting or inspiring at home for me to shoot. So ended up taking his advice and shooting whatever jewellery I had on hand to test out my new toy. Haha.


Earrings.


Engraving on my wedding band.


Wedding band.


Engraving on my engagement ring.

Engagement ring.






Wedding band and engagement ring together.



My watch.


And then I got bored and decided to look
for other less metallic stuff to capture.


Banana.

Cornflakes.

 Scotch tape holder.
 Fingerprints!

A small nick on my forefinger's nail from a pen knife accident.


Overall, I think Easy-Macro™ is awesome and easy to use. Only gripe I have is that my hands need to be really, really steady to ensure a good, clear shot if the ambient lighting isn't great. But I'm not sure if that's an iPhone problem or a general macro problem. Could be either one and not Easy-Macro™ for all I know. *shrugs* But that aside, I had fun playing around with it. Just gotta find more cool stuff to shoot like bugs or something. Haha. 


My iPhone with Easy-Macro™ on. =)


NOTE TO INTERESTED PARTIES: As far as I know, Easy-Macro™ is not (yet?) available in Malaysia but you can get yours online at easy-macro.com =)

11 comments :

Unknown said...

Hello from easy-macro.com! A lot of people aren't sure what to take macros of at first, but it looks like you got the hang of it fast! Bugs and flowers are my favorite, but you got some really great shots of your engagement ring.

One tip to make it easier is to tap and hold on the screen in camera mode to lock the focus. You can then adjust by hand without the phone trying to re-focus right when you're ready to shoot. Glad you're having fun with it!

Adam (the inventor)

ms.bulat said...

Seriously for a iPhone to get that kind of macro shots. It's amazing! O_o

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adam Hicks
– Hey Adam! How nice of you to stop by and thanks for the tip! It was very helpful. It totally makes Easy-Macro™ even easier to use than before. Great stuff! I hope this post helped create more awareness for your product. =)


ATTN: ms.bulat
– Really amazing, right?? Who would have thought an add-on lens could make the iPhone's camera even more amazing than it already is. Haha. Go get one for yourself lah! Buy online.

Lissa said...

I'm pretty sure you must've mentioned it before somewhere on your blog, but I'd forgotten when you'd changed your ring setting. -.-

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I swapped the setting back in February this year. Why ah? The post is here: http://tinkitalks.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-ring-old-bling-same-meaning.html

Lissa said...

Ah. Now I remember. Haha!

No reason... was just startled to see the 'not-so-new' setting... had completely forgotten. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Haha. I changed cos the two rings kept knocking into each other lah. Summore the white gold one started tarnishing at the knocked parts. So... Change lor. How come you remember the old one so well?

Lissa said...

Mebbe cos it was the first time I saw it. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Made such an impression, did it? Haha. Sometimes I miss that setting, too. =)

Lissa said...

Yep. No matter what, you'll always miss the first. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yeah. Feeling nostalgic just thinking about it. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!