Monday, March 09, 2009

The Modern Corset

I don't know why we girls bother putting ourselves through all this body-contorting, self-beautifying nonsense but... we did it back when we strutted our stuff in big skirts and laced-up dresses, and we're doing it still in the 21st century though we already rock in jeans and baby-tees. To a lesser degree, sure. But still... saja nak cari mati.


Hmmm. I don't know why I wrote a negative intro but... TADA! Check out my new "modern corset" from MNG. (I don't know why I began both paragraphs with "I don't know why" either so don't ask or bring it up. We're here to talk about my shopping problem, not my language problems. Ugh, I just did it again with the sentence before last, didn't I? Boo. Fail lah. Fail. -_- Time to change topic.)


MY MODERN CORSET FROM MNG!


Today's outfit. Went out with a cropped jacket though.
Was chilly all day thanks to the rain.


Nice, no? It was on sale. Tee hee. RM75, I believe. Can't quite remember already. (Bought it about a fortnight or 3 weeks back. And that's a looong time considering my very failed memory.) Duh Roads intro wan. I think she's bought one for herself already, too. Haha. It's ok. So long as we plan never to wear 'em at the same time we'll survive. No fashion FOX PACKS for us! =p


Anyhoo, in case you were wondering, I'm calling it a "modern corset" cos I hate the way some people refer to them as "clinchers" or rather than "cinchers." Just one of my peeves. =p


And check out this other modern corset
I bought the same day I bought the MNG one.


Took this pic the morning of Nuffnang's blogger dinner
at The Apartment, KLCC, on the 21st of February.
(Yes, I'm lagging that far behind with my posts. -_-)


Got this from an online boutique called paper.box.couture© and you won't believe how much I paid for it. ONLY RM25!!! It's actually RM26 on the site but the nice girlie – dunno if she wants me to reveal her name or not – gave me a discount! Wheee! I love discounts! Haha. Maybe cos I got it in two colours. =p


The one you see in the picture is Brown but I think I actually like the other colour better. (Personal preference.) It's Silver. Like... matt, classy silver and not the jeng jeng shiny, so-bright-see-also-can-go-blind kind of silver. SO MANY THE NICENESS!!! Show you.


In case you're colour blind: Top – Brown; Bottom – Silver.


Nice leh. paper.box.couture©'s got some other pictures of this item on their site so you might wanna check 'em out on their space, too. The colour seems to be a little more accurate in terms of the Brown also. Dunno why. (Photoshop fail. -_-) Click here to see this item on their site. They restocked once before and it's no longer restockable cos they took the last pieces so... it's now or neverrrr!!!


HURRY UP AND FIGHT FOR
YOUR MODERN CORSETS, GIRLS!!!


Haha. Drama.

Girls and their shopping,
men will never understand. =p


What I remember best and especially like about this boutique is that they happen to be the ONLY online boutique I've bought stuff from that actually bothered to send me a thank you SMS after COD.


"Thank you for choosing paper.box.couture! :)
We will add you to our mailing list is that okay!"


So sweet, no??? And sure, maybe it's cos they wanna add people to their mailing list but... at least they were nice enough to ask instead of just spamming me whether or not I wanted their updates. I commend them for it! Keep up the good work, Y! (Still don't think I should reveal other people's names here.) And keep the good stuff comin'! =)


p/s: Eh... Be nice and visit their online boutique ya? I promised them I'd give them a mention and it's been, like, AGES since I made that promise (I'm the world's best procrastinator -_-) so just do me this favour and help me make up for my delay. Thankyews yew! XOXO!

8 comments :

jack said...

*gasp* *choked* *cough*...
*sniff*... very nice upfront view.. oh i mean nice dress.. (*_*)...

Jeffro said...

For a moment i thought this was about your curves.. LOLx.. Then read on, only to find out it's about shopping.. hahaha =D

sheon said...

ancient corsets are cruel.... modern corsets are HOT!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Get your mind out of the gutter, boy! And since you probably wasn't LOOKING RIGHT, I wasn't wearing a dress. Both were tops. -_-


ATTN: Jeffro
– HAIYOOOO. Why would a girl talk about her curves?! You all ah.


ATTN: sheon
– Haha. I can see where you're coming from. But ancient corsets are kinkier. Meow.

jack said...

oh.. so its all about "corset" ic.. so de blindsided.. pai~seh.. heehee..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Rarr. *scratches Jack's eyes out*

jack said...

wah.. lu si~beh violent ~hor!!! *run*....(">_<)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Dun mess with cha bo from Penang. HAHA.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!