Sunday, March 29, 2009

Competition's Over. I Won, By The Way. =p

Remember how I told you there was a photography competition for 5 girl bloggers? Well, I went for it – blurry-eyed and all, no thanks to my lack of sleep throughout the work week. -_- With zero knowledge of the intricacies of working a DSLR. -_- And no familiarity with Sunway Pyramid and its layout. -_- (I'm only familiar with the Sunway Pyramid of 2003 cos I was studying at Taylor's College at the time. From the construction of the new wing onwards, I'm lost.)


But that's the bad part of the story.
The good part is that you guys should...

Say 'hello' to the proud new owner of
a Panasonic LUMIX G1 worth RM2,999!!!




Sorry. Too excited. Cannot stay still. =p


Better pictures later ok? It was, after all, a photography competition. Haha. But in my defense, I was in the shot so I obviously didn't snap this picture lah, right? I'll tell you who did – The Torturer. *grin*


Here's a shot of the cam if you've no idea what it looks like.




WHEEE! My beauty!
(Lame rhymes are fun when
your mind is totally out of it. =p)


It's also one of the pictures I had to submit in a task I underwent during the competition in order to win. More stories about that later, okay? I'm so tired I think I could sleep for weeks. I actually hit the sack at 12.15AM yesterday and woke up at 1.45PM today. That's 13 and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep, yo! For me! Amazing, huh? Yes, amazing. Didn't even get up to pee. Haha. But now, I've got to go nurse my old, ageing, aching body. -_-


This is why exercise is recommended, kids.
(Che-wah, got social service message summore. Haha.)


I'll show you the pictures I submitted, tell you about the tasks I had to undergo, introduce the girls I was pitted against as well as the poor Marshal who had to run aside me throughout the race, and show you my new best friend. (Jeng jeng jeng. Suspense sia.) Till then, you guys keep yourselves busy and healthy with lotsa exercise. *grin*


Jokes aside, this experience totally reminded me about a time last April, when I mentioned in a thoughtful post that I was entertaining thoughts of maybe getting a DSLR. Well, just 28 days shy of the 1 year mark from that thought, my dream has become a reality. =)


Thank you, Panasonic|LUMIX.
Thank you, Nuffnang.

15 comments :

bryanlyt said...

wooo~ congrats!

told ya it would be kacang putih for u :P

TracyEm. said...

wooot! frenchfry so terrrrer!! =)

Unknown said...

wah serious!

who did you have to beat? lOl

congrats anyway!!!

God bless!

joshuaongys said...

you owe aaron lmao

JenKin Yat said...

kongratulasi pam..do u still need ur old cam? XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: bryanlyt
– Haha. Thanks Bryan. And no, overconfidence is bad bad bad. I think my fear of failure worked to my advantage, is all. =)


ATTN: TracyEm.
– Haha. Time to celebrate! With french fries, perhaps? =p


ATTN: Nerdfreak99
– Haha. Yeah. Serious. =p

I was pitted against fourfootnine, tzia, shinyeee and emmagem.


ATTN: joshuaongys
– Haha. I wish I could say that I used his help but... I was to tired to read anything already the night before the competition. Anyways, they had a short crash course for all of us cos they know we damn noob with this. Haha. All of us look so dumb holding the camera cos all blur blur and scared cos so many buttons. HAHA. But in the end, it's not a real DSLR also. So... just point and shoot still. Kinda sorta.


ATTN: JenKin Yat
– What old cam? I use my mobile for photo-taking lah. And no way am I giving you my mobile. Haha.

notenotingnoted said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

test said...

pamsong pun boleh menang? I go buy 4d later

Huai Bin said...

Congrats Pam! Nice one, so Auto and Point and Shoot works fine, I assume? ;)

The LUMIX G1 looks very solid, am dubious about the electonic viewfinder though. I had a "prosumer" digicam (Nikon 5700 - dunno what happened to it, probably lost it or something) with EVF and it wasn't really accurate which defeats the purpose of a dSLR but the advances in modern technology should have fixed that.

Congrats! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: notenotingnoted
– Thank yeewww!


ATTN: Spectre
– Wah. Need to be so annoying or not ah?


ATTN: Huai Bin
– Haha. Yeah, it worked like a charm. =p

And the screen seems to work well. I like it lah. Haha. Thanks!

Unknown said...

TinkiTalks 100% owned... fourfootnine, tzia, shinyeee and emmagem.


In other words, they are losers, HAHA.

Simon Seow said...

wah liao, so nice. free DSLR.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Waaa. Dun lah say liddat. -_- BATU API!


ATTN: Simon Seow
– Haha. Yeah! Wheee!!!

Jeffro said...

Wootza~ Away for a few days, and the next thing I see a winner..
Woah, if imma away for a few weeks/months, you'd be a world dominator?

nways, late-but-better-than-nevah congratz! Must bring the Lumix G1 this saturday! =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. I wish. I'd totally be BRAIN (the cartoon character) if I could.

And I didn't bring my camera that day. But you already know lah. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!