Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time To Slam? Or Time To Forgive The Copycat Ma'am?

Generally, when people link back to my posts, I feel... like, bangga a bit lah kan? Cos it kinda means that people like what I say enough to want it on their page, too. (Or they hate it enough to slam it lah. Haha. But thank goodness, that's never really happened to me before. Choi choi choi so pantang, touch wood!)


Well, this time,
I've got mixed feelings.


A 25-year-old girl from KL named Yumisayuri extracted my emo-post-Valentine's-Day post, entitled "To Love Is To Give" and published it on her blog. With a linkback to me. And a mention that the post was a verbatim.


Ok lah kan?


So far so good, still considered quite respectable in my books. (CHE WAH BOLEH MAIN RHYMING RHYMING SECARA TIDAK SENGAJA LAGI! POWER-NYE AKUUU!!!) Halo floating atop her head and glowing quite brightly. Shing shing shingggg...


BUT...


It'd have been nice if she snitched some other post rather than this one lah. Cos this one's a teensy bit too personal lah kan? I talked about my life, my past, my fears, my insecurities. Heck, I poured my heart out and now, it's all splattered across some other blogger's site. It's also pretty ironic how her blog's entitled "THIS IS ME" and upon reading you realise... hey, that's not you! That's ME! Like, the Pam Song kinda me! Hmmm. Not very cool.


Oh well, considering the linkback and the "verbatim" note, she hasn't really done anything wrong. Yet. I mean, she even has my blog linked to her sidebar, okayyy. Not bad wan this blogger. Got angel wings growing from her back and can flap flap summore. Or so I thought. Till I noticed that she screwed up big time. (Halo stops shing-shing-ing and wings get deleted.)


You see, this Yumisayuri chick changed the date so it seems as if she published it first. I wrote that post before I went to bed on Valentine's Day. Technically, that makes it the 15th of February 2009. SHE, on the other hand, dated her post the 8th of February 2009. A whole week before my date of publishing – the REAL date this post actually found its way into Cyberspace. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt but this time, I seriously doubt it was a Blogger error lor. She would have had to manually set the date back by that one week for it to appear that way.


Cis bedebah.


So now I'm confused. Why do that if you're already linking back to the original post? I don't get it. You're already saying upfront that it's a verbatim wat. Nothing to hide ma. So now, you're just contradicting yourself – by that I mean shooting yourself in the foot – and acting all schizo-like. (And that's bad, if you didn't know.) And oh, you're making me waste precious blogging time writing about this rather than catching up on posts I actually want to write.


*grunt*

So... time to slam?
Or time to forgive the copycat ma'am?

You tell me.


p/s: I screenshot-ed her entire post so even if it's taken down, you'll still get to read it. (Learn from ShadowFox wan. =p) Just click here to view it in its actual size. Worry not, for what you see is as is on 21 February 2009 at 1:39AM. And if the post wasn't removed, and if anything's different – like the date, maybe? *grin* – she probably found out about this post and decided to do something about it. (I am linked in her blog, remember?)

12 comments :

sheon said...

i think it's 'to forgive', and i'm sure it makes you feel better. the date, maybe there's some technical glitch there leh? :) i would like to think she didnt mean to be rude or anything....

so, lets pat our backside and get some ice-creams, shall we??

ling said...

hello TinkiTalks.
i read your post and thought it reverberated with me very much..
first and foremost i would like to apologise for the grievance i have caused you..
i would like to state that you are the original author and i would like to explain how the dates speak otherwise..
-
i have a habit of "posting" every 2 days.. meaning i try to ensure that my post dates are scheduled every 2 days..
in essence, in my EDIT POST page, i have "drafts" for the days i do not post.. cos i have bloggers block or lazy..
then when i have things to write about - sometimes a few subject at a time, i fill those "draft/scheduled" posts..
-
i honestly did not notice the discrepancy in dates and i thank you for pointing it out to me..
in an effort to make ammends, i have removed the offending post from my blog..
thank you for your time and patience in hearing me out..
-
YuMi

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. I'm fine with the ice cream. As for the patting of backsides... Hmmm. Who's patting who first? HAHA.

My response to YuMi below. *winks*


ATTN: lydiascl
– Helloooo. My response to you in chunks, ok? Easier that way. =)

"i read your post and thought it reverberated with me very much.."

Awww. Thanks! I'm glad it struck a chord. Every writer hopes to be able to write that way. I'm no different.

"first and foremost i would like to apologise for the grievance i have caused you.."

Dear girl, there was no grievance involved leh. Haha. I most definitely was not pissed. Startled and confused, yes. Pissed, no. Displeased, perhaps.

"i have a habit of "posting" every 2 days.. meaning i try to ensure that my post dates are scheduled every 2 days..
in essence, in my EDIT POST page, i have "drafts" for the days i do not post.. cos i have bloggers block or lazy..
then when i have things to write about - sometimes a few subject at a time, i fill those "draft/scheduled" posts.."


Hmmm. Okay, fine. This bit makes sense. Kinda sorta. If you started this whole a-post-every-2-days thingy recently. So... yeah. I'll take your word for it. Don't get why you do that though. Got feel meh? Haha. I can't quite work my posts out that way cos I use my blog as an online journal. So if my posts carry dates that are out of whack, looking back through my archives to find stuff will be hell for me. Haha.

"i honestly did not notice the discrepancy in dates and i thank you for pointing it out to me..
in an effort to make ammends, i have removed the offending post from my blog..
thank you for your time and patience in hearing me out.."


I respect you for this. And commend you on your efforts to right things. Bravo, woman! And, no. You didn't have to remove the post. =)

FYI, you may wanna know that Dillon spoke up for you earlier, too. On MSN. Good friend you have there. Friendships like that don't come easy and they don't come often. Just letting you know and reminding you of the good stuff we have to be thankful for in life. =)

That girl's there. Somewhere. You just gotta find her. I'm looking for my girl, too. Cheers! =)

Jeffro said...

Ooo.. Someone cited you.. =D
Putting it another way, if the stuff is good, people will duplicate them =D (no offense to anyone here, just a figure of speech) *winks*

sheon said...

see? happy ending! i wouldnt mind if you wanna pat my backside...but i think i'll pass. hahaha..... lets get icecreams!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Haha. Piracy's the best form of flattery? =p


ATTN: sheon
– Dun wan lah! You say only wanna do this do that. In the end all cancel wan. *grin* TERASA OR NOT???

sheon said...

pammie dear....job obligation mah. and, i just cant hop on a bus to KL whenever i want mah.... it's 12hours to-n-fro. :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– NO EXCUSSEEEE!!!

sheon said...

give slack lar....poor sheon trying to make a living outta his meagre salary at this trying economic weather.

okay, i buy you ice cream lar. baskin or lecka?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Haha. Haagen. =p

Come again and we go sing song!

sheon said...

i dun go out with random people i acquaint via internet. mama tell me its dangerous.


:P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Riiiiggghhhtttt. Your mama's disappointed in you now, boy. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!