Sunday, January 05, 2020

TOP 2019 Watchnite Service Testimony Mini Series – Part 5: God Provides

NOTE: This testimony is the 5th of 6 instalments. Click on the links below to read the others that came before it.


Which brings me to my next testimony...


PART 5: GOD PROVIDES

Chemo wasn’t easy on the body but I tried taking it in stride. Before my second round of chemo, my mom and I were talking over dinner about what I would need to bring along with me to make my many hours undergoing treatment, more comfortable.

We talked about two things in specific – bringing a Thermos along so I have a hot drink on hand, and keeping warm with something to put on. (The treatment room is pretty chilly and it feels colder still when the cold IV fluid runs through my veins.)

All my Thermoses and hot water bottles were still in KL. And we couldn’t decide between a jacket and a shawl because a jacket is warmer but I would be stuck wearing it all the time cos of the line in my hand. A pashmina, on the other hand, isn’t quite warm enough.

Well, little did we know that while we were discussing this, God had already provided me with a poncho – the perfect chemotherapy outfit that’s warm without sleeves to get in the way of the IV line. A friend of mine from KL had sent me a care package and it was sitting in my mom’s car as we spoke. I just hadn’t opened the parcel yet.

And as for the Thermos, another friend visited a few days later and gifted me one! So by the time I went in for round 2 of chemo, I was all set. Coincidence? I think not. The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:19 that our God shall supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Let me also read Matthew 6:26-32 to you.
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
So, yes. I am so grateful for friends who act when the Holy Spirit prompts them. And through them, I know that my God is taking care of me. He knows what I need before I even know it myself! So, why should I worry when the God of the universe is watching out for me?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!