Thursday, January 02, 2020

TOP 2019 Watchnite Service Testimony Mini Series – Part 2: Trust Him

NOTE: This testimony is the 2nd of 6 instalments. Read the 1st instalment on God's Timing here.


But how did I find out I had cancer in the first place?


PART 2: TRUST HIM

It all started when I suspected I was pregnant. It was so weird cos I felt a letdown (something you only feel while breastfeeding) out of nowhere. Upon investigating, I felt a lump that resembled a plugged milk duct. I thought it was strange but we had wanted to get pregnant anyway so I didn’t think much of it. In fact, I felt hopeful! (Could it be hormones?) And true enough, 2 weeks later, we tested positive – I was pregnant.

Unfortunately, the joy was short-lived. The helper at home served me some juice a few days later with pineapple in it and, of all people, I’m super sensitive to it. So sensitive that my gynaecologist once instructed me to stop eating it. So, we lost the baby within the hour. I was heartbroken and cried like crazy that day.

But no time to dwell on that for long because the lump didn’t go away after my body went back to normal. So, I set an appointment with a breast surgeon we knew and got it checked out. Many tests and about a week later, I was lying in a hospital bed recovering from a lumpectomy that was performed to remove the cancer.

The lesson is this:
We are micro people who do not
yet see God’s macro plan.

Getting pregnant, losing our baby, discovering cancer, beating cancer. We thank God that all things worked together for the good of those who love Him. Wonder, worry, joy or sadness – whatever you’re going through, remember: it is not the end and you cannot see what’s ahead. So just put your trust in Him. If we hadn't gotten pregnant, we never would have found the lump. If we hadn't lost the baby, we would never have been able to prioritise my health and treatment.

Truly He is in control.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!