Tuesday, October 15, 2019

If You Fail, Try And Try Again. Literally.

The good days are over and I'm back at the hospital
with my #gamefaceON to suck it up and kickstart the bad.




I was so ready today. Went in bright and early to get my blood-work done, feeling real confident about everything, but... unfortunately, the veins in my good hand didn't get the memo. 🤦‍♀️ Cos... tadaaa... FAIL!




Ouch.

I was given a comfort pack
thereafter to soothe my hand.


Top part look pretty and pink but the underside is quite jijik. 😬


I also think the nurse felt a bit bad for me la cos she looked like a young trainee in her white, regular-ward uniform. (I was told those in such uniforms were just standing in cos the unit is understaffed.) She called in one of the usual lady onco nurses after that – blue uniform. Well, guess what? FAIL AGAIN! 😩




Looks (and feels) to me like
Chemotherapy + Immunotherapy Round 3
is NOT off to a good start! 😠😤


That lady onco nurse then called in the pro – Fitri – a male onco nurse who seemingly never misses. When I saw him head over, I breathed a sigh of relief. And true enough... bingo. Success at last.


Third time's the charm.


Had my blood taken and sent off to the lab,
then sneaked out for a quick breakfast with Mee.


All ready and in place for IV-ing later.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!