Saturday, February 07, 2009

Idealistic Thoughts

Was blog-hopping when I stumbled upon a post YapThomas recently put up. *click* You see, H. Jackson Brown, Jr. (the man best-known for his book entitled "Life's Little Instruction Book" – a New York Times bestseller) had a list of suggestions for success. And the one on top of the list was this:


"Marry the right person. This one decision
will determine 90% of your happiness or misery."



And he's right.


It's time I did some soul-searching. Time I did some thinking about what I want and what I'm looking for. About WHO I'm looking for... as I wait patiently and hope that he's looking for me, too. Here goes.


My ideal man...


Loves me. Loves my God. Loves my family. Likes my friends. Has good, healthy friendships. Enjoys sharing his friends with me. Includes me into his world and is open to being incorporated into mine. Is a family man. Adores kids and is good with them. Has a certain boyish charm about him. Is older than I am. Is mature. Is a man of character – the good kind, that is. Has a stable career and is doing well in it. Earns more than I do. Is a good steward. Is provision oriented. Is generous but not stupidly so. Is financially savvy. Is business-minded. Is a planner – cos I'm not much of a long-term-plan kind of person and I should have a little bit of that in my life. Is good with numbers, dates and times. Has foresight. Is respectable. Respects me. Believes in me. Supports me in my efforts at work and everything else outside of it. Is responsible. Is adaptable. Has a good memory – cos I don't quite remember much of anything. Accepts me for all that I am – that includes my many flaws and shortcomings. Understands me. Understands women and their needs. Is sensitive towards the needs of those around him. Prioritises the importance of things in life the same way I do. Is biblically sound and knows the Bible better than, or at least as well as I do. Is confident. Has good self-esteem. Has a good mix of IQ and EQ. Is secure in himself and his abilities. Is expressive. Is a good listener. Is up for G-rated public displays of affection. Communicates well – with me and with every other person in spite of their social status, race, income bracket or relationship to us. Has a good command of the English Language. Is well-educated. Is wise. Is street-smart. Is all man. Is helpful. Is capable of playing the handyman at home. Is musically inclined. Has good taste in music. Plays a musical instrument – primary school recorders don't count. Doesn't sound like a toad – not tone deaf. Understands ornithophobia. Is protective but not possessive. Dresses well. Is tall. Is lean. Has good skin – the occasional pimple is fine. Doesn't smoke. Doesn't drink – the occasional beer with the guys or a glass of wine while fine dining is perfectly okay. Doesn't inject profanity into his every sentence. Is not a gambler. Dances but isn't a fan of the clubbing scene. Is homely and house-broken – his masculinity isn't undermined when he's to do the dishes. Is able to cook – instant noodles and mushroom soup count. Tells good stories. Is honest. Is humble. Is loyal. Is faithful. Is not easily jealous. Is emotionally healthy. Is healthy. Is good with his body, hands and feet. Plays a sport he loves. Enjoys traveling and seeing the rest of the world. Is fun to be with. Has a wicked sense of humour. Is able to laugh at himself. Is kind. Is patient. Is just my kind of perfect.


I may have missed some things out but...
I'm sure my ideal man will eventually fill in
the gaps I've left while writing this. =)

12 comments :

JYJL said...

After so long, I get to be a first commentor in one of ur post again (dun rmb i did). haha.

I think you have wrote a few version before, rite? But this one have a sense of complete-ness (u-know-what-u-want-ness) You'll meet him I'm sure ;)

bananababe said...

Whoa...
Ms Song, you can start sleeping and start dreaming!
Where to find such guys?? I also want to find but somehow such guy doesn't seem to exist. You asked too much my dear. Such a long list!!
Btw, 'the older than you' part...would it ever happen?? Are you trying to break the family tradition? haha

Resurrected said...

Well, what do you bring to the table in exchange?

erin wong said...

Two, to go please.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: JYJL
– Hahahaha. Finally! JYJL speaks up! Wakakaka.

Hmmm. I think previously, what I wrote were (1) things I've had guys do for me before, and (2) stuff I wish guys would romance me with. Not so much about potential husband kinda thing. And yes... now I know what I want. And what I don't. I-know-what-I-want-ness is so very rockin'. =)


ATTN: bananababe
– Woman, you have too little faith in men. Sheesh. And I thought I was jaded! You're worse!

And cummon. Trust me when I say that you think that way cos you've not met guys like these. My church has plenty. Come over and start falling for them. Hahaha. The only problem may be chemistry. But don't worry. With a congregation of 1,400 peeps, I doubt you'll have a problem finding one who'll get you hot and bothered in the best of ways. =p

And no, there isn't a tradition to break with age. Haha. My life shall not be governed by coincidences. =p


ATTN: Resurrected
– Well, Resurrected, that's for me to know and for "him" to find out. =)


ATTN: the MUA
– Haha. We need more girl talk, woman.

test said...

THIS IS BIT TOO MUCH on the requirement part! @@ I wonder how many poor dude heart are broken after seeing the post ROFL !

jack said...

My ideal man...
i stop reading after 2nd paragraph.. *row-eyeball*

ms.bulat said...

my woman.
i am looking fwd to "the one" of yours laughs*

yapthomas said...

I think maybe, H. Jackson Brown should change his quote to 99% instead of 90%.

B.H. said...

I believe Superman recently became single. Now if only he read minds too.

B.H.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– Hahaha. None lah. Cheh. Exaggerating only. And it's not too much. I've seen guys who are like this. Or at least they seem like this lah. Haha.


ATTN: Jack
– Where got second paragraph? That's why I purposely put that whole chunk of text into ONE paragraph. HAHA. So smart. Wakakaka.


ATTN: ms.bulat
– Me, too! Bring him around when I finally manage to hunt his cute bum down. =p


ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahahaha.


ATTN: B.H.
– OOO! GIMMIE HIS NUMBER and I'll give him a call!

jack said...

k... correction.. 2nd line.. ish smart konon.. *sepak*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!