Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Beginning My Invisalign Journey



Sitting in the dentists' chair waiting to try on my first set of Invisalign aligners. 😬 I'll be receiving 24 sets altogether and this is #1! 👇 #babysteps




Really praying that this will be the end of my dental woes. I started noticing tooth movement during my second to third year in college. That's waaaay back circa 2003/2004. But I couldn't do anything about it. Problems were:

  1. I didn't want to wear traditional metal braces.
  2. The dentist I was going to refused to prescribe retainers for me to at least stop the movement.
  3. No money anyway since college student only ma. 

And then when I started working, Invisalign came into the picture. Or rather that's when I first heard about it. What? Invisible braces? You gotta be kidding me. Haha.


*cue chorus of heavenly angels singing*


I was so tempted! But then I took a peek that way, totally balked at the price tag and slapped myself for even looking. 😑 What!? RM13K JUST TO ALIGN MY TEETH!? When regular braces only cost RM2-4K at the time? Siao liao. How to afford on a fresh grad salary?? So... no go lor. 💔


But now, a grand 15 years later – and after Lasik 👀 – I've finally saved enough to get. things. done. Woohoo! 💪 The cost has gone up significantly, though – woe is me! 😩 I'm paying RM25K flat rate to my orthodontist for the whole set of aligners; not including whatever dental work that may come into play later on. Sigh. But I guess the longer I wait, the worse it'll become la so I might as well just do it now and be done with it. #Ihateinflation


May this be the beginning
of the end of said dental woes!

3 comments :

Renee Yurovsky said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this excellent post with us. This will be great to see you as you go on this journey. Have a great rest of your day.
Dentist Philadelphia

Jhon Miller said...

jkgkj

Leo Thomsan said...

I recently came across the Smile Again Dental Group's website and was impressed by their affordable invisalign Los Angeles. As someone who has been considering straightening my teeth for a while now, their prices are definitely competitive and within my budget. I appreciate that they offer a free consultation to discuss treatment options and answer any questions that I have.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!