Tuesday, May 14, 2019

7 Boys, 3 Moms & 0 Help: Part 1

Sometimes, I think I'm too optimistic
for my own good when it comes to cramming in
activities for myself and my kids. 😅


See, I've been trying to plan more playdates for the kids since they'll be leaving KL soon. This is their last term in their current school cos we'll be heading back to Penang after this term and they'll begin the next school year at a new school on the island where I'll bet they know no one there. ðŸ˜Ē


You know, I feel extra sad when kids have to part ways because it's often not of their own doing. They're just going in whatever direction we point them in. Even if it means saying goodbye to good friends with the possibility of never meeting again. Because unlike adults with phones, Facebook, WhatsApp, money and the power of control over our own time, goodbye always seems so final for kids. Sigh.


So, I'm determined to do what I can while
they're here, to help them further develop
and (hopefully) preserve their friendships.


Having said that, our schedule is packed! JJ had a playdate at his friends' home on Monday i.e. yesterday. Today, JZ had a playdate with his friends at our place. (7 boys!!!) Tomorrow, JJ and I are going for lunch date with a bunch of his classmates and their moms. Very happening, I know. It's all about connecting, connecting, connecting these next few months. ðŸ‘Ŋ


But today, I think I overdid the crazy. Hahaha. I must have been mad to agree to having 5 boys over for a playdate. That's 7 boys when you include my kids. SEVEN! Siao liao! ðŸĪŠ What was I thinking!? 🙋ðŸŧðŸĪĶðŸŧ‍♀️ðŸĪ·ðŸŧ‍♀️ Thank goodness 2 boys couldn't make it in the end or else it would have been 9 boys altogether. 😎 Gila.


What's worse was that today happened to be swimming day in school for 6 out of the 7 boys so... considering they came right after school, all of them are extra dirty and super chao chao. Yuck. My poor carpets and sofas. 🙈🙉🙊 Aiyaiyai! Must remember never to plan any playdates after school on Tuesdays. And even if I do, not in my home!


Anyhoo, they all behaved relatively well. Much, much better than I expected. (It was me and another mom versus the whole lot of them. One other mom had a ballet class to teach and the other went to the bank.) Beyblade fever was high and it sparked a tiny tiff to the end of the playdate but overall, it was all good. For my sake and sanity, I let the kids have some TV time at the last 15 mins so I could start clearing up a little.


7 boys in 1 small playroom.  Year 1 (6yo) x 4,
Reception (5yo) x 1, and Nursery (4yo) x 2.


They all left between 4.30pm and 5pm, and I was done with the clearing up by 5.30pm. We had to rush out to get some bedding sorted. (Exciting Penang house stuff! Read here for more info.) So I just dumped all the dirty dishes into the sink and made a run for it. 🏃ðŸŧ‍♀️ðŸ’Ļ


Well, I'm paying for it now. 🙄😖ðŸ˜Đ


My glorious pile of half washed dishes.


What the heck was I thinking, having 7 boys over??? ðŸĪĶðŸŧ‍♀️ Maybe I just wasn't thinking at all la cos that's hosting 7 boys in my home, with no helper to help clean up after! *slaps self for supreme stupidity and zero foresight* Aih... Ok la. No more blogging. This maid's gotta put on her other glove and get back to work. Bye!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!