Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Muar, August '11: Muar Otak-Otak Bakar

I've got a confession to make: You see, the past few times I came to Muar, I've had to eat Otak-Otak. Paksa rela. Cos, to be honest with you, I've never really enjoyed it. *gasp!* Yeah. True story. But today, I tried some Otak-Otak I actually LOVED. No kidding. I enjoyed it! Lots! And it came from this roadside stall:


Otak-Otak from Nice Food Trading.


It's amaaazinggg! The last few times I came, the Otak-Otak was tapau-ed, a little fishy in smell, and a lot spicy. Waaay too spicy for my pondan tastebuds, in fact. But these ones? They were P-E-R-F-E-C-T!


Before – a mini pile of 5 Otak-Otak.


 During – first sight of the orange Otak-Otak
as soon as the leaves are pulled apart.


After – a pile of burnt leaves.


Go try it if you're ever in town! Unfortunately for you, I'm useless with directions in foreign places so all I can say is this: The stall's right opposite Loong Kee. =p


Muar Otak-Otak Bakar being prepared by the roadside,
opposite kedai Loong Kee Makanan Ringan.


FIND IT!


----------------
Related Post
----------------

4 comments :

Lissa said...

I absolutely loooooove otak otak! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Then you really gotta try this one! It's da bomb!

Crystal Hew said...

Ahhhhh..i was googling on my way back from SG to stopby muar! Should have seen your post earlier!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Crystal Hew
– Aiyoooo... Wasted liao la.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!