Friday, January 23, 2009

6 Scratches And Still, I Itch

Paid Gurney Plaza a visit today WITHOUT THE INTENTION TO SHOP WHATSOEVER. (Serious! Never bluff you wan!) Unfortunately for me, two very-late, very-loud devils with very-lame excuses for arriving late (don't think I dunno just cos I didn't say anything – hmmph!) eventually caused the downfall of my bank account. -_-'


Ladies and gentlemen, meet my 6 scratches
that came in two pretty pink and purple boxes.


The two boxes my 6 scratches were sold in.


If you frequent Crabtree & Evelyn, you'd know that those boxes contain Hand Therapy. (That's Crabtree & Evelyn's hand cream-ish lotion in a tube, if you couldn't already guess.)


Three tubes of 25mL Hand Therapy in Lavendar (purple box)
and three tubes of 25mL Hand Therapy in Rosewater (pink box).


So small and convenient! A handy hand cream indeed. =p And it's perfect for me cos I always like carrying a tube in my handbag. Just for whenever I feel like pampering my hands.


You know, it's very rare that they sell Hand Therapy in such tiny tubes, actually. I tried looking for 'em before this and never found any. Seriously. These ones are specials. They've even got one promo pack where there are six tubes in six different "flavours". I contemplated between what I bought and that but eventually settled for sets of three in two "flavours" I really like. Think it's better than kiasu-ly buying a variety but only liking half of what's in the set lah, you know?


Hmmm. That last paragraph just began
and ended with the words "you know".

-_-


So... why Hand Therapy
from Crabtree & Evelyn, you ask?


Well, cos I find that it's better than the stuff I've tried from L'Occitane. (I was a L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream user, to be exact. Click *here* to view said product.) It seems to moisturise better, yet doesn't leave a sticky feeling after application. Do note that this one's somewhat oiler-slash-greasier though. Hmmm. So I guess it may not be everybody's cup of tea after all. But personally, I'd very much rather take that latter feeling as opposed to having sticky hands any day.


Oh, and these two smell like heaven in a tube, unlike most of L'Occitane's hand creams. Somehow or another, those don't quite smell as nice. Really. The only exception to this rule is probably L'Occitane's Cherry Blossom Hand Cream. Which also leaves a sticky feeling, by the way. So when you really think about it, it isn't quite that great after all.


Crabtree & Evelyn is definitely the way to go lah when it comes to choosing between the two brands. Just trust me on this one. Plus, if you're a HSBC credit card holder, you'll even get 15% off the retail price! (I did. Wheee! Just don't ask how much these 6 tubes cost. I don't wanna talk about it. -_-')


You know, I think I'm turning out to be a hand cream addict. Started keeping an eye out for 'em early last year and now... I can't seem to stop myself from buying the ones I like. Ugh. I blame Pak Hong (that's the cold North winds that blow this way from China at certain times in the year – very drying) and a certain Doktor Lurve who once said very mean things about my hands *stab stab stab* when he saw them in pictures on Tinki Talks. *glares at Doktor Lurve*


Anyhoo, nothing wrong with wanting nice, soft (and sweet-smelling) hands, right? After all, it's the only part of me that's going to be touching any other part of any other person, male and female alike. Haha. Who knows? I may just find Mr Right this way. Haha. Maybe there's someone out there who'll fall for me at first sight, not cos of what he sees but just cos we shook hands and he's a sucker for silky skin. Wakakaka. Love at first touch, perhaps!


*blink blink*

*smacks forehead*

Gawd, that last line didn't quite come out right.

*groan*

Okay, I shall stop talking now.


Rosewater in its pink box.


Lavender in its purple box.


There shall be no more scratching.

13 comments :

joshuaongys said...

go sleep!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Haha. Soon soon! Look into the mirror and say that to yourself, too!

SY said...

HAH! :p See, it wasn't that i didn't have faith! :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SY
– Walauuuu. Kick me when I'm down summore. -_-

SY said...

Forgive me for saying this though, shouldn't u be happy after all that scratching?? :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SY
– Actually.... no. Like tak scratch enough. =p

SY said...

HAHA!! Amen to that :p

Unknown said...

How bout Skin Food?


"...like a virgin, heiii!, touched for the very first time..." - Madonna

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SY
– Hahaha. Well, today kena again already lor. Ya happy now??? Haha.


ATTN: Chris
– Skin Food sucks. I don't quite like it. Doesn't smell like heaven either. Blergh.

Eh. Why the song??

Resurrected said...

can i shake your hand to see if your theory works?

Unknown said...

its organic, not all smell appealing, some are shabby, some arent.


Oh the song, coz u said touch, and there's that word there in the chorus, that's all, dont over-analyse.

bananababe said...

Hello....
It wasn't lame excuse la...it was the fact that her car overheated!haha.
I wasn't the loud devil. You and her was tha loud devils. haha
Anyway, you didn't wait for me to scratch together...ish ish

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Haha. No. Limited edition. =p


ATTN: Chris
– I like this one lor. LOVE. IT. Now I'm very much addicted to the lavender one. =p


ATTN: bananababe s
– I DUN BELIEEEVVVEEEE. And you always so late, how to scratch together lah? Ish.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!