Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Significance Of Empty Floor Space



You have no idea how happy I am
to see that bit of parquet in my room.


-------------


Last September, after returning from Australia, I walked into the living room of the family apartment only to be greeted by a mess of unpacked boxes.


*faints*


Reason? Well, I'd flown Down South not 2 days after I returned to Penang from KL. That meant that the life that I'd built for myself throughout those amazing 8.5 years when I was in KL, was still sitting all taped up in labelled brown boxes waiting for me upon my return.


*headache*

But wait... the plot thickens!


You see, the room I rented in KL was a lot bigger than my room in Penang. Like A LOT bigger. Maybe twice the size. Or more. No, I'm not exaggerating. That meant that I had a king-kong-sized room's worth of stuff to squeeze into what felt like Thumbelina's backyard. Shit.


*dies*
 
So, I did what any sane person would do
when faced with such a daunting task:

Procrastinate.

 *grin*


Did that for 3 months, and also miraculously managed to even avoid that touchy conversation with the parentals throughout the time. Then Chinese New Year brilliantly decided to came along and ruin my life. -_-''' Chinese New Year means Open House. Open House means si liao. Takkan all my boxes are in the living room when people come and visit, right?? So how?!?


*panic attack*


Well, The FiancĂ© – who hates packing with a vengeance, by the way – suggested that I just leave my things in their boxes and later bring them over to the new house when I'm ready to move in. Not a bad idea, I suppose. So I went with that. Plus, I wasn't exactly looking forward to unpacking, repacking and unpacking (again!) all my stuff in the span of 6 months.


*sweats at the thought*


That conversation took place before Chinese New Year '11 – a whole 2 months ago. But time really does fly cos last weekend, Part I of my move into the new house finally took place! =D We brought 2 boxes, 2 trolley bags and 1 carry bag's worth of stuff over. Phew! Hard work, it was! (For The FiancĂ©. =p)


But because of all that stuff, our new room is finally looking a little less barren and a little more lived-in. The bookshelves now have books in them, my drawers, wardrobe, cupboard and shelves are comfortably filled up, and half my shoes have migrated over and are currently enjoying their new home. Wheee!


Oh, and most importantly, I finally
have my little bit of floor space back. =)




It was a good weekend. =)

*cartwheels all around*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!