Thursday, March 31, 2011

My God Is An Awesome God: Part I

So is buying wedding attire, for that matter.

(Unless you're renting your gowns
or have signed up for a pre-wedding package
with a bridal house lah, of course.)

 Trust me, I should know. -_-'


When I was budgeting for my gowns, the grand plan was to set aside the biggest chunk of my budget for the big, white gown. Double the price of any of the other gowns I would be wearing on that day. And while I prayerfully surrendered that plan to God, I also made sure I intentionally kept to it.


I said "no" to any price quoted
that was above my budget.

@_@


Not an easy thing to do at times after falling in love with a gown. Haha. But somehow, God has also miraculously blessed me with Designers, Purchasers, General Managers and Customer Service Executives that always, always help me meet my EXACT budget for all the gowns I've ever fallen in love with. Not a ringgit more or less!


The first gown I bought, I bought direct from the designer. The original price was a little higher than I had budgeted but the designer offered me an Early Bird Discount of 20% that helped my gown cost the EXACT amount I was willing to pay for it. I didn't even have to ask, beg or plead! And, it was a whopping 50% less than what the bridal house quoted me for! PTL!


The second gown I bought, the opening price was significantly higher than my budget. But the Wardrobe Personnel surprisingly had a lot of say in pricing so she somehow gave me the price I asked for. Which was 30% off the opening price. And she threw in a free double can-can (worth a pretty good sum), causing my gown and can-can to cost the EXACT amount I had budgeted for it as well! PTL!


But my biggest, baddest, most-recent
gown miracle just took place early this week.

Tell you in Part II ok? Lunch now! =)

4 comments :

goingkookies said...

awww.. that's good!! seriously PTL.. and I am also learning to trust Him in my wedding planning amidst the hair pulling! =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– Yes, it's incredible! PTL! Guess it's natural for us brides-to-be to want to manage everything like we're Superbrides but... sometimes things are just so much easier when we surrender it all to God. =)

goingkookies said...

yeah i know what u mean!

it's like.. delegating people? sure.. but what happens if they don't do it to how u want it to be etc.. hehe

u r right.. and thanks for ur posts!! it's a reminder to me.. hehe

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– Hahaha. You said it, babe! But you know, that's why I don't trust people and I put my trust in God. HAHA. People have a higher chance of failing us. =p

And no prob! I'm glad my posts speak to you. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!