Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding Fuss Pot

Some people think I'm being too fussy
with the wedding and with what I want for it.


Like what kind of flowers? In what shade of purple? Next to which kind of green? On what stands? With what trimming? Will that look nice? Will it all go well together? And match my earlobes? What are the specifics?? Tell me nowwww!!!


*deep breath*

Because of that, some people call me a "fuss pot."
Or a "yim cim poh." (That Hokkien for "fuss pot.") -_-'''


Well, to that comment I often think to myself: "So?? How is it their problem??" I mean, seriously! What's it to them? Plus, what's wrong with being a fuss pot with it concerns a once-in-a-lifetime day? And what's wrong with ME being a fuss pot on MY once-in-a-lifetime day?? How does it affect THEM? I don't get it!


But I guess what I hate more is how it bothers me so much that I'm being judged for wanting things to be perfect on a day I'll never get to relive again. Ever! Why is striving for ultimate perfection okay when it comes to doing highschool homework, completing a college assignment, finishing a piece of copy I'm writing at work, or checking a press ad that's about to be published...


...but not okay when it comes to planning a wedding?

WHY?!!


I did a million pages of homework all through highschool, I completed dozens of college assignments, I've written more pages of copy than I care to remember, and I'm so tired of copy-checking 6 pt text I could just barf at the sight of fine print. But guess what?? In my entire LIFE, I'm just going to have ONE wedding. So, is it wrong for me to want the best for that?


ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!
Stop judging meeeeeee!!


.
.
.
.
.
 .
.
.
.
.



*blink blink*

OMG, I've become Bridezilla.

@_@

7 comments :

Lissa said...

I think I'll be worse. >.> LOL.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. Really! I eagerly await the day you publish stories on that. =p

Jasmine Yim said...

We can only become bridezillas once a lifetime. So let's thank God for that! =)

I don't feel bad becuz my fiance's a groomzilla too! hahaha..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
– Haha. Lucky you! My groom doesn't care enough to zilla anything. -_-

Lissa said...

Oh, I will definitely publish loads of stories on that topic. :P

Jasmine Yim said...

Haha, i can't see him zilla-ing anything.. probably the band, if you are having one..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I'm sure you will! I'll be reading! =p


ATTN: Jasmine
– Hahaha. Yeah, he's concerned about the band. But... not enough to worry or do anything about it. Bleh. Haha. I dunno. Maybe I'm just being crazy for wanting him to kick up a fuss over something. Just to show that he cares about what happens during the wedding. HAHA. Mad much? =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!