Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Husband, The Bag Man

They say there are shoe girls and bag girls.
I don't think I'm either one of them. :-/

The Husband, on the other hand, is definitely,
without a doubt, 110% a bag man.


Remember that Kate Spade bag he bought me last December when we were on holiday with the family in Singapore? Well, it's been wiped cleaned, wrapped in tissue paper, and put aside to make way for some other bags he bought me while we were honeymooning in London. One that I've been using ever since we returned to Malaysia because I "must depreciate it!" (Show you pictures of that bag in another post.) And another that I just decided to start using today.


Meet my new Longchamp on her first day out. =)




That's the Longchamp Paris, Le Pliage, Tote Bag.

 


I don't know much about Longchamp bags, to be honest with you. Am not really brand-savvy, nor am I a big-on-bags person who knows everything about every "branded" bag brand along Fashionville Boulevard. I even had to Google the one I had to be sure that I was calling it the right name. HAHA.




And yes, if you zoom in on the colour dots in the pic above, you'll notice that this bag is available in two colours (black and grey – as seen above) and in three sizes (S, M and L – not seen above but I'll show you cos I'm awesome like that).


 2 colours – grey (mine!) and black.


I actually preferred the black version with bright stripes down the middle but... it was out of stock in the size I wanted. Plus, it looks a little too much like the style of my Kate Spade bag – primarily black with bright, contrasting colours – so... nah. Might as well get something a little different this time around. No regrets though. I like the subtlety of the muted colours that they used. Understated but there, nonetheless. =)


3 sizes with different strap length.


I bought the middle one. Am not a fan of short straps that don't allow me to free my hands and sling my handbag over my shoulder. Plus, the small one was too small for all my kachang and the big one was just waaay too big. I'd spend hours just looking for keys in that black hole!


Anyway, back to my bag...


After having been to a Longchamp store (the one along New Bond Street) and after having visited the Longchamp section at Harrods, my eyes have been opened. Somewhat. I've started appreciating the Longchamp brand a little more and owning one has helped me notice little details that help me identify a real Longchamp versus a fake.


Signature Longchamp jockey on
the leather flap and snap button in front.


 "LONGCHAMP MODELE DEPOSE"
– bag type and description on the back.


Apparently, you can also tell if it's a real or a fake based on how shiny the material is and how long the strap is. But... no examples for you cos I don't own a Longchamp factory. Haha. But, yes. I have been educated. So here I am, sharing my learnings with you. May you be educated, too! (If you aren't already.) =)


Me before stepping out the door for work today.

7 comments :

nithyakuthiah said...

Superlike Song! :)

Melissa said...

I love Longchamp bags! Yours is so pretty, fab choice! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: - nithya -
– I never would have taken you for a bag fanatic, Nit, but... this is the second time you've commented about my bags! Haha. Diam diam all this while but talk about shopping only... BOOMZ! She appears. Hahaha.


ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. You, too?? 2 years ago I didn't even know there was a brand called Longchamp, man. But thanks. Glad you like it as much as I do. =)

nithyakuthiah said...

I am not la. My bags damn cakai also. But nice bags are meant to be admired. :p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: - nithya -
– Haha. Admired... and used! =p

gracielau said...

welcome to the club =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– Hahaha. Hi, right back atcha, girlfriend! =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!