Friday, September 14, 2007

Back Where I Started

2 years, 3 months and 23 days have passed since I took a break from the life I led, and flew away for a holiday abroad in hopes of clearing my mind and getting my life back on the right track. 16 days of time away from the unbearable Malaysian heat and badly polluted air. 16 whole days – it seemed long at the time but in actuality, it only amounts to 4% of the days I made it through that year. Little did I know that that trip ended up turning out to be longer a journey than I expected – one that marked the beginning of all things new for me and led me onto the colourful path to Self Discovery.


That trip also marked the day I started writing on Tinki Talks,
then known as Ramblings of a Post Teenager.


It's pretty hard to believe that 2 years, 3 months and 22 days later, I'm back where I started. Never thought I'd see the day my feet touch the ground I'm on this very moment. And actually, I'm glad I'm able to say that I've come a long way since then. That's how things should be, right? That we grow up, move on... and be happy living the life we lead. The key lies in being happy – in finding joy in the situations and circumstances we stupidly jump into or forcefully get thrown into. That's the only way things should be.


Looking back, I'm glad I started blogging. Had I not made my way to where I am today then, I'd not have the time or be in the right frame of mind to start blogging. It's because of that that I've had the chance to share the many little parts of myself and my life with all of you. My world, my life, my joys, my sadness, my concerns, my thoughts – all are preserved in this online scribble pad I slowly but surely built for myself from the 25th of May 2005. I've crafted this space with my very life and its essence is everything that makes me who I am today.


Honestly, looking back in retrospect, I don't think I did too badly in keeping up with Life's sashay after all. Sure, I tripped a couple of times when it launched into the Quickstep without prior warning but it's not like I fell on my face and got disfigured for life or anything. I think I still made it out okay – bad hair, geeky glasses and all.


So guys, this is me – the writer of Tinki Talks – signing off with many thanks to you – the readers of Tinki Talks – for reading all this while and for journeying along with me.


2 years, 3 months and 23 days, bay-beh!
And many more years, months and days to come.

It doesn't feel like it's been that long but it has.
Calendars don't lie... and neither do blogs.

I checked.

*smile*

2 comments :

ming said...

2 years, 3 months and 22 days ago and today, you step on the same land, but with different kind of feelings and expectation.

have fun girl!

Pam Song said...

Haha. Yep, you said it! Not like you asked but I'm doing pretty okay here. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!