Sunday, March 11, 2007

To Crap Or Not To Crap?

It all started like this…


Just a couple of days ago, I was Googled and was told to Google myself just to check out the results. (Haha. That was a funny experience.) So what happened was that I stumbled upon an old friend's blog. You see, I found that my name was on a blogspot page (hers) so I clicked on the link out of curiosity and that's how I found her blog – by fluke. I haven't seen her for YEARS. Even so, via Google, I found that she linked my blog to hers. And the link was to the new Tinki Talks, no less! It was a really pleasant surprise. =)


So what I did was I paid her blog a visit and very politely spammed her chatbox asked how she was doing. Interestingly, she replied and we actually had a four-part conversation over the course of 27 hours or so.


Image Hosting


A total of 59 words, by two people, in 27 hours.

Uh huh. Yeah, I know. We're geniuses.


*blink blink*


Counter that and you're a dead man.


Yup yup. Don't worry, you didn't read wrongly. I said, "MAN". And to be honest, I don't think that I'm being totally sexist here cos it's usually the GUYS who just seem to wanna find fault with me. My comments are all the proof I need. Hmmph. Men. Pffft. I shall say no more. With this, I rest my case.


*blink blink*


You know ah, this post super kau-lat keluar topik, man. Haha.


So back to the topic at hand… Uh, wait a minute. What was the topic at hand? Darn. I can't remember why I started writing.


*scratches head*


OH YEAH!

Okay okay. Got it.
Sorry la. Getting old laaa.


Okay, so the problem is this. I'm not sure how I should respond to her final reply to me on her chatbox. I mean, she did say earlier that she reads my blog because she finds it interesting, right?




Right? That's supposed to be positive, right?
A compliment, maybe, or at least a little teeny tiny hint of it?


And of course, being the typical Chinese (I AM CHINESE), it's never "polite" to agree with praises of any sort. If people tell you your hair looks good, you're supposed to say, "Aiyo, need to cut di lor. Got split ends! Very dry la, very dry." If they say you're a fantastic cook, you say, "Aih, I think this time not enough salt la. Need to perfect my skills summore wan." And if they say that you have nice eyes, you say, "No laaa. Yours nicer leh! My eyeball is not as… uh, round as yours." Heh. Whatever la. You get the idea. Bottom line is that you're not supposed toot your own horn or respond positively to any tooting directed your way.


Easy, right?

WRONG.

Word choice is sooooo important.

Sigh.

There I was, pretending to be being all bashful and such.

So I said…




See? I did the whole bashful thingy perfectly! I first expressed my happiness towards her liking towards Tinki Talks (whoa) and then after showing her how grateful I was, I covered it up by doing the whole Chinese-paiseh-showing-off-is-impolite thing – I said that I crap. Of course, as you can see, I didn't do the sipu-sipu giggle after that la. But to my credit, I even added the very important, very prominent "HAHA" at the end of my punchline, okay! I personally think that this answer to her chat was a fine one.


But how do I answer the next one?




Whoaaaaa. Hold. On. There.


Holy moley! Did she just agree that my work's crap!? Damn! So am I supposed to be angry or something!? Should I start throwing my mouse around, stabbing holes through my computer screen, dismantling my keyboard in frustration and then stop blogging altogether? What should I do? What should I say? WHAT!?


But then again, she did say that my crap's worth reading. Hmmm. So what does that mean then? She doesn't like the good stuff, only reads crap and actually enjoys it? So let me get this straight. I've actually got good crap comin' outta me? Cools! But, hang on there. The woman likes my crap. She actually likes my crap!? I don't know what to make of that. Should I go "Yay" now?

CRAP
noun
1. obscene terms for feces
verb
1. have a bowel movement;
"The dog had made in the flower beds" [syn: stool]
WordNet® 2.1, © 2005 Princeton University


O-k-a-y. Would you look at that.

So, she likes my crap, huh? Uh… that can't be good, right?

Mixed emotions – also not good.

I'm confused. How now?

13 comments :

Jono said...

2 steps forward, one step back. Teaser

Pam Song said...

Eh eh eh! THREE steps FORWARD, you mean. HAHA. See, I knew it. It's the GUY (Note: singular) who always want to cari pasal. Fighting cock la you. Tsk tsk.

Anonymous said...

My-Very-Own-Dictionary (Engrish Version)

Craps on PamSong's blog:
Noun - Verbal Diarrhoea;a blog that is worth browsing through

Ow C'mon, admit it. Even if you think your blog is full of crap, it still holds significant information!

So if your craps are worth reading, what more can you say about the other intellectual entries you posted?

=)

Your blog... interesting-lah!

Pam Song said...

Ooo! I know me! I mean, I know you, me! HAHA. Oh, you know what I mean.

I've had intellectual entries? Could it be that I actually present myself to be (a little bit) wiser than the average cabbage? Wow. =p Uber-emo entries, you mean. That wan a lot. Berlambak-lambak. Haha.

And you know what? Me suddenly likes you very mush. =p

Pam Song said...

I just did the Chinese thingy, didn't I? Damn.

Anonymous said...

I didnt say anything. It was a comment ler kak Pam! If theres any hostility in my tone ever, please disregard. haha...

Pam Song said...

You keep saying that but it's not true!!! You're hostile! And mean! And spiteful! And nasty! And unkind! And horrid! And hateful! And malicious!

=(

Anonymous said...

another person's trash is another's treasure ... well in this case "dog poo" hahahaha .. be super happy lah .. so many ppl read ur blog ..u'll be millionaire soon loh *and dun forgot us ah when u reach target ya hehehe i want lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner hehehe*

Pam Song said...

No wor. I had this visitor and he told me cannot be a millionaire worrrr. How? Now I need to cancel my Platinum credit cards, cancel my Aston Martin, cancel my bungalow on a hill. Haih. Sien ahhh. =p

But yeah, it's cool. I didn't know there were so many ppl who read blogs. It's a real eye-opener. Scary though, how everybody has the opportunity to know whatever I choose to reveal.

Haha. Free food (if any), only open to commentors who are physically present at the dinner. I'm sorry but I don't FedEx food parcels. Haha. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy... the pics. =p

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.. u'll never know ur blog could turn to be like kenny sia's ... ppl pay u to put their ads in ur blog n want u to review their stuff hehehehe ... u'll never know tinki

n i want to eat too ... yer *whining*

Pam Song said...

Ahhh. If only. I'm an avid fan of freebies of any kind.

Adult diapers for free? SEND EM OVER! No problem! I try for you!

Football shoes? No problem! I can test also!

Glasses for the long-sighted? Just pass em to me and I'll do the rest. I kautim for you!

*blink blink*

Okay. Now you've gone and make me sound all desperate pula.

You want the food then you quickly come back laaaa!

Anonymous said...

aiyo ...u think them courses got offer for onli 1 month meh ... 1 year leh miss tinki aka dark queen aka pamsong

Pam Song said...

Aiyo easy only ma. Come back one weekend la. You know we take ages to plan. Perfect for you to book your flight back. Tada! I'm a genius.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!