Friday, March 16, 2007

Colourful Candy. Not.

The Art of Disguise.


The medical world has definitely wised up. No longer does medication come in plain white capsules and boring ol' tablets. Today, they come all dressed up in shiny two-coloured capsules and cute little yellow tablets. Some even come with funky engraved designs.




See la. Don't play play.


It amazes me – the amount of effort they put into making these pills look good. It's like an art form. A whole new other area of design. Heck, I wonder if there's a Pill/Tablet/Medicine Design course out there. Heh.


But why go through all that trouble?

Because they all know that a good disguise
masks whatever's rotten on the inside.


Sure, I'd say that their ploy worked. That's why children often mistake these little poison pills for candy. I don't blame them. These pills do look all nice and enticing anyways. Even I like the way they look. The difference is that I just don't want to have to stuff them down my throat. Not now, not ever. I hate being on medication. I hate having to remember to even take them. I hate having to work my meals around my doses. I hate having to force them down my throat.


I hate you.

You don't fool me with that disguise.
You don't fool me one bit.

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

u're wrong..i don't think the colour makes it look like candy or what ..its for the people to recognise the pill they are taking ..
imagine all pills is white colour ..what if they accidently mix it ..how do u tell which one is the right one ?makan all saja ?haha..

Jono said...

Delvc 1 , Pam 0 .

Pam Song said...

ATTN: DelvC
– Cheh. I prefer my reasoning better. Teruk la you. Fire me. Msn la. At least Jono cannot see. Aih. Where got kaki like that?

ATTN: Jono
– Me no likes Jono.

Anonymous said...

Hehe,ur reasoning i dont know lah ..i logic mah ..haha!!and ..i didnt fire you lah.you boss mah ..moviekaki boss..haha...

Pam Song said...

Eh cheh. I also logic ma. I thought you design student!? How come never see the colourful side of life? Haha. MovieKaki boss? Waa. Sound very terror. But do what? Job description: Watch movies. HAHA.

Jono said...

awww I like you too Pam

Pam Song said...

Pam's likable. Jono's not. Hmmph. Jono needs to learn to be nicer to Pam. *stab stab*

Jono said...

Lets embrace each other in love.


AHAHAHHAHA~!!

Pam Song said...

Okay, and with that, you've successfully managed to freak Pam out. Congratulations. Few others have succeeded in doing so.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!