Saturday, September 26, 2020

Storytime With Kong Kong – The Kampung Boy From Kedah

I grew up hearing stories of days gone by from my dad. Whenever I was in bed by 10.00pm, I was rewarded with a story. And each time, the story would begin in the exact same way... 


"Behind my house was a paddy field...
Behind the paddy field was a rubber estate...
And behind the rubber estate were some train tracks."


I enjoyed hearing all about how he caught fighting fishes and trained them to fight and win. About how he rigged his rubber seeds with candle wax so he could crack his opponents' seeds effortlessly. How he caught spiders amongst the trees and let them fight to the death. And how he (very dangerously) put nails and stones on the train tracks so they would go flying all around when the trains sped by. #donttrythisathomekids


Having said all that,
I'm so glad that last night,
the boys listened to their very first
kampung-boy story from Kong Kong.




Updated storytime experience for a very visual and tech-savvy next gen, of course, with YouTube videos of fighting fishes jumping out of the water and attacking each other, for added effect. 🙄

2 comments :

Kenny Song said...

Haha...today's kids needs audio and visual aids to keep their attention span 😂

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kenny Song

– Maybe next time try drawing it! 😝

Post a Comment

Talk to me!