Thursday, September 24, 2020

Stepping Out In Penang @ Urban Daybreak

I’m a creature of habit. I don’t try many things, and usually prefer to do what I’m comfortable with, where I'm comfortable at. Basically, I stick to what I know la – to what is safe. Having said that, I’m finally trying a new breakfast place The Husband found in Penang via the Internet, after living here for over a year now. 🍳πŸ₯žπŸ₯“☕️ #babysteps #newbeginnings





 

Three pictures is all you get. Cos after the food came, I forgot about blogging and just started eating. HAHAHA. #failmax Sorry la, it's been awhile since blogging has been a priority, ok. After having kids, I've come to realise that if you don't eat when you can eat, you lose your chance and don't get to eat at all liao until your next meal. πŸ˜†


Anyway, I didn't think my french toast was anything to shout about, the bacon πŸ₯“ wasn't well-done enough (read: crispy and fat-free) for my taste, and I didn't like that there were cats 🐱 walking around, which the servers were patting between serving us. Ick! 😱 The peanut butter was interesting but not interesting enough for me to go back just for it. Oh, and parking's horrible in that area. 


One thing I would possibly go back for though? The music. Relaxing tunes played at just the right volume for us to be able to hum along to, yet quietly enough for us to still be able to chit-chat without having to raise our voices. This is ambient music done right. The place also didn't echo much so it's was nice and peaceful. And who wouldn't like some peace when the kids are in school, right? 😝 


In hindsight, I think not really my fault la. #excusesexcuses I came back to Penang with grand plans to settle in and reestablish my roots wan. But then cancer struck and COVID-19 hit. So, plans got put on the back burner for a bit cos it's just been a tough one year la. But now that I'm done with treatment (daily pills not counted πŸ’Š) I hope to be able to explore the many quaint cafes in Penang. One by one! Ini kalilah! πŸ’ͺ LOL.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!