Friday, September 01, 2017

JJ Is Growing Up

After dropping Minda off at the airport with a teary goodbye, The Husband thought we all could have a little ice cream treat to cheer us up. I immediately said, "Ee lang kha sau wor." (Meaning, "But they're coughing wor.") But he said never mind and so we walked into the McDonald's at KLIA 2.


He was carrying JJ at the time so he just casually asked him, "Eat ice cream, ok?" And lo and behold, my youngest son displayed maturity and self control (for what I think is the first time in his life 😝) and said, "I'm cou-ping." The Husband immediately turned to me with this face ---> 😳.


Haha! Don't look at me. I was as shocked as he was! We immediately stopped dead in our tracks and tried asking again. Just to see if it was a blue-moon, one-time fluke. Hahahaha. #cannotbelieve 😂


 The Husband: Eat ice cream? 🍦

 JJ: *very thoughtful face* I'm coh-ping. 

 The Husband: So means can eat or not? 

 JJ: *shakes head slowwwwly* I'm coh-ping.


Well well well... I guess
the small one is growing up. 😚
And so we didn't have ice cream after all.


--------



Dear JJ,

Wow. Mommy and Papa are so impressed with your self control at 2y11m1w5d, Baby Boy! Or should we not call you "Baby Boy" anymore. Haha. Big boy already, right?? So mature in your decisions! No ice cream today, no drugs and other vices tomorrow! 😝😝😝

But seriously... we know just how irresistible food and ice cream is to you, you sweet-toothed little fella. So, this really is a super big #growingupmilestone when it comes to you. Keep it up, Son! Someone once said – one's greatest challenge is to control one's self. Well, if you can do that, you can do anything!

Love always,
Mommy & Papa

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!