Monday, March 20, 2017

Bad Days Require Comfort Food

Today is not a good day. Or rather today's supreme emo-ness is a result of yesterday being a super bad day. One of the lowest points in my motherhood journey thus far. 😢 And like any mom worth her salt, I'm saying that after having seen my fair share of shit, shitty days and even shittier nights. Sigh.


Firstly, I hate teaching. Like, I seriously hate it. It's not my thing. At all. I only do it because I have to. Because I want my kids to succeed in life. And not be the dumb-dumb of the class. But because of this, JZ hates me. He said something really nasty to me and broke my heart in the process. 💔


Secondly, I don't like dealing with people. I really don't. Just about as much as I hate teaching. But with two boys in the house, I perpetually have to step in to break up fights and put out fires. At this age, JJ is usually the culprit. #terribletwos and all that, right? So, he gets punished for it. But because of that, JJ hates me. He punched me in the face 3 times last night, thus, shattering what was left of my already-broken heart. 💔💔


I have come to hate the mom I have to be in order to raise intelligent, kind, good kids. It's really not the mom I want to be or am on the inside. I'm not naturally military about bedtime. Nor am I driven to have them outperform their peers. I'm also not at all particular about them having to read, write and count by age 3 like all the other kiasu supermoms out there. That's just not me. I just do it because I have to.


Thing is, in spite of all my efforts, I feel like the kids are just so unappreciative and ungrateful. 😢 Worse, they end up hating me for it! 😭 I really don't see how much worse it can get from here on out. Sigh. I guess I'm just feeling really unaccomplished as a mom today lah. 😞


And The Husband knows it.

So he took the morning off and brought me
for some really sinful comfort food today. 🍔🍗🍟


KFC Zinger Burger + Hot & Spicy Rib + French Fries.


Felt much better after that. ☺️


The Husband boasted, "See, only your Husband can make you feel happy again," with a face so smug I just cannot. And just as I was on the brink of scoffing at his remark, he continued, "...anyway that's my job, right? To keep you happy." AWWW... 💏

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!