Thursday, January 24, 2013

"If You Had 8 Days Alone All To Yourself, What Would You Do?"

Saw that on an ex-colleague's FB status
and got to thinking. What would I do?




See, after my son popped out, Me Time became a thing of the past. Life took a turn at Crazy Junction and drove straight into Psycho Town, Madsville and conveniently set up camp. My days and nights are a hazy blur of feeding, cleaning poop and more feeding and cleaning poop. A bigger part of me feels so very blessed to be a mother and have a child of my own... but a teeny tiny part of me misses the days when nobody else dictated how I should utilise my time but myself.


So, yes. This friend's status update got me thinking... longing. And sure, I guess the results would be somewhat different if I had attempted to answer this very same question 9-and-a-half weeks ago. But right now... this is it:


If I had 8 days alone all to myself, I would...
(in no particular order)

  1. Sleep
  2. Read
  3. Take a long bath that includes a scrub
  4. Go for a facial
  5. Blog
  6. Shop
  7. Date The Husband
  8. Go catch a movie at the cinema

What would you do if you had
8 days alone all to yourself?

7 comments :

The Peanut Momster said...

I, like you, have 2 budak, and i'm about to go mad soon lol. If I have 8 days free to myself, i will book myself a trip to Bangkok with hubby, shop my heart out, do all the massages, read all i want, EAT without any interruptions!! and just chillax! haha

xo
silent reader

neena said...

I'm definitely with you on number 1, 2 and 8.
Th other 6 will be:
4. go to the beach and sit for hours
5. Walk around in a mall all day, stopping for treats and fancy dinners in between.
6. Watch videos after videos on YouTube.
7. Watch the F.R.I.E.N.D.S series till i puke.
8. Plan for that holiday escape I've been dreaming of for years.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: The Peanut Momster
– Haha. You're totally right about eating without interruption! It's been awhile since I've had a good meal outside without either having to eat with one hand or having to breast-feed between bites. LOL. How you handle TWO is beyond me at this point. I'm going crazy with just this one. Haha.


ATTN: neena
– In spite of being from Penang, I am so not a beach person so I can't nod along with you on that one. Haha. And I'm already doing #6 and #7 lots. Whenever I breast-feed, in fact. =p

Eh... what holiday have you been dreaming of for years? Which location? Share!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: The Peanut Momster
– Eh, your anak so comelsssss!!

neena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
neena said...

Owh don't get me started haha!

I'm still in the midst of perfecting my route (which i've been doing since forever). I'm gonna explore the most of Europe as I possibly can!
I'm thinking Rome, Barcelona, Prague, Paris and Madrid. You know...the usuals ;p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
- Ooo... my friend actually did that with a tour company. Damn cheap. It's called Ultimate Europe. 26 days, 16 countries. (http://www.expatexplore.com/ultimateeurope/index.html) Go check it out! She asked me to go with her but... I got pregnant so... bleh. That's one opportunity missed. =(

Post a Comment

Talk to me!