Friday, December 21, 2012

Motherhood Vs. Advertising

You know, I thought life in advertising was tough with its crazy deadlines, ridiculous briefs and late nights. I was wrong. Motherhood is waaaay tougher. :-/


I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a stretch since the night before my son was born. Every wail or cry for clean-up or milk demands IMMEDIATE attention. Any delay would result in more wailing and more crying until said need is met. It's exhausting to say the least. My brain is on screensaver mode half the time I'm awake, and my body is running on reserves. To be on-call morning, noon and night, day in and day out is really no laughing matter.


But... as tiring as motherhood can be,
it is also so much more rewarding
than anything advertising has to offer.


More so than the carrots bosses dangle for scams to win awards. More than the satisfaction of seeing your hard work finally going on print, on air and in press with real work, too. I once said that an artist's work – be it copy or design – is like his/her baby. Hah! I was sooooo wrong. Things are different with a REAL baby, right, Pam Song of 2011?? Woman, you so knew not what you said. *snorts*

3 comments :

Jeffro Ong said...

From now forth, your kid will be the one ruling your world =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro Ong
– Haha. Says the dude with no kid. =p What's ruling your world then?

Blogger said...

Easily Boost Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!