Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Memories In A Picture

During my last trip down to KL –  yes, the very one where I attended a friend's wedding at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur then fainted the day after – I popped into Ass-Ass' room (to do my hair and make-up before the wedding dinner) and spotted this old picture of us and her sisters sitting on a shelf:


Me and my sisters from another mother, taken 5 years ago.
From L-R: Gra-Gra, Yours Truly, Ass-Ass and Ra-Ra.


I can hardly believe that we took that picture a whole 5 years and 2 weeks ago! During The Husband's older brother's wedding banquet in Penang – a whole lifetime away from where we are today. My, my, how far we've come since then. 


Gra-I'mlivingitupinSingapore-Gra on the far left in the picture is now a certified doctor. Ass-theworldisheroyster-Ass will be graduating with her Masters by the end of the year. Ra-Immasueyoassoff-Ra, on the other hand, is outta highschool and on her way to becoming a lawyer. And me? Well, I'm now married to their cousin. Haha. So, yep, we've come a long way since then.


Anyway, I was instantly stuck by strong feelings of nostalgia when I saw that framed up photo of the four of us during our younger days. That's why I made sure I snapped a picture of it at the time. I initially planned on blogging about it, too. But after the whole hospitalisation cucuk-here-cucuk-there hoo-ha, it just slipped my mind. Until last night when The Husband sent me this:




Haha. Look at that 21-year-old face. That girl didn't know what Life had planned for her at the time. She couldn't foresee all that was coming her way. Well, it's been a long while since then. And now? Those times from way back when? They're memories. Ahh, memories. <3

2 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

Those were the days when everyone was young and carefree.....
Btw, did anyone tell you you look like them? If someone didn't know you were not technically related to them, they'll think all 4 of you are sisters.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Haha. Some people have mentioned that they look more like my family than his family but it's been awhile. Hahaha. But the girls and I are really close so it's like family anyways. =p

I miss those young and carefree days!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!