Sunday, October 30, 2011

Singapore, October '11: From Here To There

The Husband was to head down to Singapore for some work last week and shockeringly, I was invited along for the ride. So... to Singapore, it was! For a jolly good time of (window) shopping and sight-seeing along... wait for it... Orchard Road. HAHA. #bloodyunadventurous


Air Asia. Now everyone can fly.


As you can see, we checked in online and had our boarding passes printed out before going to the airport because we weren't about to let Air Asia sneak off with our hard-earned RM10s per person. Especially not since they started charging that ridiculous Processing Fee of RM16 per person that you get charged online by default without your consent if you make payment by credit card. Grrr. >(


Anyway, after making our way through immigration – btw, The Husband got stopped cos they wanted to have a look at my bottle of facial toner in our tiny carry-on, wth – we still had some time to spare so I spent the better half of it walking the duty-free aisles of the Penang International Airport, and the other half of it camwhoring with my back toward the sun. Like so:


Me waiting to board my flight. It was a very sunny morning.


It may have been good for photography but I wasn't too pleased with the steady stream of sunlight that poured through the glass windows at the waiting area of Gate 14. Couldn't they have at least tinted the windows darker?! Rawr! In under a half hour – and thankfully before I melted into a puddle of salty sweat – we were called to board flight AK 5801 to Singapore.


 Flight AK 5801 at Gate 14.


We took off soon enough and I was blown away by
this beautiful sight of the coast of Penang Island. 


 View from the skies – the coast of Penang.


But I was even more taken aback by the blue of the waters
that surrounded Singapore when we landed! Look!


View from the skies – the busy waters of Singapore.


By the way I'm talking, you'd imagine I've never been to Singapore in my life. Haha. I assure you, that's not the case. But it's funny how I never quite noticed these sights before. Maybe it's cos I've never flown an early flight that gave me rewarding views in the early morning light. Haha. Maybe.


A blink and an hour later, I was in Singapore. =)


Leafy installation. Very artistic, very green.


Up close.


Even closer.


Orchids – the national flower of Singapore.


On the travellator behind a couple who apparently
didn't know that you don't stand on the right.


Walking along the corridors of Terminal 1 and standing to the left on the travellators that would bring me straight to immigration for a pretty little stamp that would confirm I made it to Singapore. (FYI, I LOVE PASSPORT STAMPS!!)


Compulsory Disembarkation Form for visitors.


Once through the gates, the people looked the same but it all felt... different. The toilets were dry, the cabbies were nice, and the streets were clean. Haha.


Well, hello, Singapore! =D

4 comments :

Lissa said...

I love passport stamps too!! :D

And you stand on the right in UK... >.> Were there signs indicating where to stand?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I think most of us (except the very, very, very well-travelled ones) do. Haha.

And yeah, S and I stood on the right in the UK, too. But everywhere else I've been, right has always been the "fast" lane. Hence, you stand on the left so people who need to rush can walk past you on the right.

Lissa said...

I'd prolly make the same mistake then. :P HAHA.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahahaha. Then I'd tsk you, too! =p

But to be fair, there isn't any indication of what's right or what's wrong in terms of which side to stand. The considerate just make sure their friends and family don't HOG the lanes by standing on BOTH sides like this guy and his wife did. That wan pasti one of them memang salah.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!