Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mari Kita Bawa Tanglung

This will be random.


I miss lantern-making during Art Class. I miss carrying my signature goldfish glass-paper lantern. I miss the fun I had playing with matches and candles. I miss walking around dark neighbourhoods in small chaperoned groups. I miss "accidentally" bumping into friends' lanterns and watching their lanterns catch fire. I miss burning the ends of bamboo chopsticks till they glow like red hot coals. I miss pretending to play the accordion with traditional paper lanterns. I miss getting lost in mini marts lined with colourful, glitter-sprinkled, glass-paper lanterns from floor to ceiling.


But most of all, I miss the man
who always brought me tanglung shopping.

Time's flown by; it's been awhile.





The Mid-Autumn Festival (also known as the Lantern Festival in Malaysia) is one that celebrates the coming together of family and loved ones. A reunion of the people who matter most to one another, be it by blood or by choice. A celebration of the social groups, bodies and communities we were born attached to or have grown to become attached to over time.


May you have those whom you love
and those who love you with you tonight.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, guys. Have a good one.

17 comments :

ming said...

I miss watching people swallowing the very dry and cheap moon cake.

time flies.

Pam Song said...

Haha. I miss your mom's fabulous mooncake lah. SO NICE! End of year can we celebrate Lantern Festival again? We choose any full moon day in December then we play tanglung again lah. I miss that lah.

One year. Yes, time flies.

Miss you.

ming said...

End of the yeaR?? You fly here or you going to buy me an air ticket? =p

i miss my mom n mooncake too....

and i miss ur silly face too...

Pam Song said...

You buy air ticket and fly here lor. HAHA.

Wei, when you come we make that black black jelly and jagung ok? Like for real. I go buy before you come back. Uh... But I need to buy fridge first. Dun have in this house. =p

Also, which 7th you coming back? Means next weekend lah!?

ming said...

i will be going back on the 2nd of Oct..but reach KL on 4th..then go back to Penang right after dat.... then I think i will go to KL on the 10th or 11th before I fly back here on 12nd...

=p
busy schedule ler

=p
eh i am sure ur neighbour have fridge..=p

Pam Song said...

Waaa. So terror? You'll be tired out, man. But worth it, right? =)

Anyway, who wanna share fridge lah? Wanna take ice also have to ring bell. HAHA.

ming said...

its gonna worth it. at least i hope so..=p

haiya! easy la! go to pelangi condo..and erm..i think is block G, ninth floor...and share the fridge with them la..i cant remember which house...i know its the last one..erm..n i dun think they have door bell...=p

just walk a little distance...when u r desperate for ice it will worth it la!

Pam Song said...

Hello, woman. If I am thirsty and I want a nice cold icy glass of water, by the time I walk over with my glass of plain water, I drink finish everything di lor! Haha. You ah. Terrible. This isn't USA ok. It's HOT HOT HOT here.

*sizzle sizzle scorch*

Pam Song said...

Oh, and since I finish my water by the time I reach, when I take ice and walk back to my block, the ice also turn to warm water already so I might as well just drink tap water at home and not walk here walk there. HAHA.

ming said...

hahaha...hmm..like dat rite...i shall buy you a cooler box...for your birthday,...and ice pack for the Christmas...

great idea hor

Pam Song said...

Haha. Eeyer. So practical. Where got fun if birthday gifts are practical? Must like last year wan so geng. Something I never expect. =p

ming said...

hahaha..you mean the money one....or the car accident one??

Pam Song said...

HAHAHA. Both also never expect ma. But the accident wan I thought you guys all siao di lah. =p

ming said...

u know..the car accident one..i should have cried...and then make it more real..=p

Pam Song said...

Puh-leeze. You couldn't cry even if your life depended on it. Plus, even if you could, I'd so see through it. Haha.

ming said...

so you were saying i'm not good in acting????????????

Pam Song said...

Uhhhhhhhhh.........

No?

*grin*

*ducks... unless ming throws iPhone*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!