Sunday, September 09, 2007

Got Me A Penniless Breather

It's been awhile since I've had a weekend in with zero traveling involved – and a whole weekend in alone with absolutely no cash on hand, no less. Oddly enough, I feel richly rewarded for having some Me Time at long last. Haha.


To wake up just whenever I feel like it. To prune under the shower for as long as I want to. To take as long as I want when choosing my outfit for the day (pajama pants and a lazy tee). To eat whenever my tummy calls for a bite. To laze in front of the telly with a giant mug of Ribena in hand, watch reruns and listen to THE Guru of OTJ speak. To drown myself in drama and celebrity goss on E! without having to keep track of time. To do as many loads of laundry as I want to. To have all the time in the world to colour coordinate my pegs when I hang up the clothes to dry. To listen to as much Jazz and Broadway as I want to while blogging my heart out.


Mmm. Heaven.


I love lazy weekends. I get to feel like a million bucks without even having to spend a dime (sen just sounds so cheapo). Got me thinking – a crime on a day like this, I know – how materialistic am I, really? I mean, we can't deny the importance of money in life. It's a necessity we all need in order to survive this money-faced, blood-sucking world we live in. But where's that thin line that separates mere necessity from OTT banknote worshiping? Where's that line for me?


So, thanks to the wonders of modern technology and the World Wide Web, I found a tickle test to answer my self-directed, money-related question: Are You A Material Girl?




Awww, no wonder I like days in...
...even with an empty wallet.

*pats self on back*

6 comments :

'mike. said...

yeah... a great lazy weekend you had. i past by your house today and saw your car no move. thank God you aint like other gals who are materialistic. hehe...

Jamie said...

ha.... proven right that pam doesn't call even she have all the free time in the world???
close call here....

Pam Song said...

Haha. Yeah, been lazing about at home all day. Tee hee hee.

And yes, I thank God I'm the way I am, too. Materialistic women are very easy to please. At the same time, they're very difficult to please. Ironic, huh?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jamie
– Ooo! You're online at the same time as I am! How nice! Haha. But wait wait wait. Me Time is Me Time mah. You have to cut me some slack. Weekends belong to me and my God. =p

'mike. said...

i rather want a gal who is realistic than materialistic. hehe...

Pam Song said...

Well said, my friend. Well said.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!