Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dangerous Games People Play

So here's how the story goes...


It all started with a gift. And of course, despite what the common folk may think, many adventures do begin with small nudges and tender prods from the people around us, be it in the form of a poke in the rib or an elbow in the side. In this case, my gentle jog came in the form of a pink paper lantern.






Ahhh, Mid-Autumn Festival draws near. How nice.

But wait. What's a lantern without a flame?

We need candles! Lots and lots of colourful candles!




And a light or the candles would prove
to be pretty but pretty useless as well.




For once (quite literally), the smokers around me
turned out to be pretty useful company to have.




Tada!

Haha.


And don't you dare think me nuts for lighting my lantern at the office. All the other cool *cough cough*, hotshot, high-flying people at work did it, too! Hah!





See? Cool people always light their lanterns.

Try-hard ones put them under other lights
in an attempt to do the cool thang
without really being cool enough to do it right.





And lame ones leave them dark and gloomy
under S&M rabbits that have long become
the has-beens of fun and laughter among colleagues.




Wanna know why this pic doesn't look as dark and as gloomy as I say it is? It's cos of the photographer and her exceptional photography skills. They say that such remarkable (yet somewhat innate) abilities cannot really be taught. Don't feel too bad about yourselves though, guys. There are many of you out there. You are not alone. Plus, there's always Getty Images.


*grin*


Okay okay. I'll lighten up on the load of crap I've been pilling into this blog. At least I'll try. Cut me some slack, alright? I've been having some pretty long days. Having said that, I think I'll stop squeezing my brain for whatever's left of it. Enjoy the pics.






Okay, I lied. Who am I kidding?! I LOVE writing!

Haha. Lame.

Anyway, today's lesson is this:
If you're gonna be lighting candles in a carpeted office,
be sure to have a lung full of air and be quick on your feet.

Why? Cos some lanterns burn.





*snicker*

So fun! I feel like a kid all over again. Wheee!
I'll definitely be doing this again sometime.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!