Thursday, October 06, 2011

It Doesn't Get Smaller Than This

You know how I always said that the world is so small that everybody knows everybody, or at least we all know somebody who knows that said somebody? Well, check this out.


A good two months ago, I received a wedding invitation in the mail. It was from a primary school classmate of mine – not the distant kind without a memory together; we hung out in the same group of friends and played UNO and Scrabble in class all through Standard 6 – who became a doctor. He comes from a family of doctors, and he was going to marry another doctor from another family of doctors. (Confused yet? =p)




Being the wedding-addict that I am, I naturally jumped at the chance of going. (Weddings! Yay! =D) Unfortunately, as you can see from the envelope above, he didn't include The Husband in the invitation. (Fair enough cos I didn't invite him for our wedding either. Harhar.) So, the dude probably didn't even know I was married in the first place.





No biggie that I was going solo, though. Especially since he had shared with me that he would be inviting another two fellas from our old primary school "gang" for his wedding, too. So I knew I wouldn't be all alone. But still... it ain't no fun being at a wedding where you know no more than two people, right? You don't even get a full table of friends and familiar faces to sit with! :-/




Then today, I was suddenly tagged
in one of Gra-Gra's Facebook updates.

And I knew from that status on,
my problems were solved.




Hahahahahaha. Trust Gra-Gra to come to my rescue in even the most unbelievable situations where few dots connect. You see, while I attended primary school with the groom-to-be, I totally forgot that he went to medical school with her! Haha. Super small world. Now, all I've got to do is figure out what to wear. The lady in shining armour didn't solve that problem for me. =p

2 comments :

Lissa said...

Awesomesauce. :) Yep, the world is really, really small. x.x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Unbelievably so. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!