Friday, October 14, 2011

First Week And Last Week Rolled Up In One

Hello! Hello, everybody! Tomorrow will be my very first weekend withOUT having to make a trip to the hospital for a blood test in 7 weeks. SEVEN WEEKS, YO! Phew! What a journey! I think this makes it reason enough to go to bed with a big-ass, crazy-pants smile on my face tonight. =p


Thinking about it now, I've come to realise I didn't actually blog about my last blood test and its results. How human of me to be conveniently forgetful (read: ungrateful) when times are good. =( I guess it's just so natural to rant, complain and to need an outlet when things aren't going well. But when things start looking up, we tend to forget to give thanks for all that is good and blessed. :-/


Anyway, better late than never, right? So... yeah. Last week's phlebotomy results were still less perfect than normal but more than acceptable – all things considered – so the doc decided to let it slide and told me to just go back to her next month instead of making my weekly pilgrimage to her doctor's clinic like I have been all this while. Big fat yay, for that! =D


Aftermath of last Saturday's blood test.


That's a more normal-looking hand you see up there.
It was Take 2. Take 1 was just. plain. weird. Look!


The rejected Take 1 of my phlebotomy band aid.

*gag*

I dunno what the heck made my hand
appear that severely malnourished. -_-'''

Bad angle! Bad angle! Retake!

Haha.


Ok, back to the topic at hand. My phlebotomy. It was really odd but I usually feel a pin prick when the needle goes in. This time, I didn't. In fact, I didn't feel much at all! And trust me, that's a big thing for a trypanophobic. I exited the lab grinning from ear to ear. Like so ---> =D The Husband must have thought they took too much blood outta me and made his wife loopy or something. Haha. But yeah! It was totally painless and so unlike all the other times. Because of that positive experience, I sang that phlebotomist praises all the way home.


But the joy was short-lived. A half hour later, the area that was pricked started to feel weird. And it hurt whenever I bent my hand from the elbow. That could only mean one thing: B.R.U.I.S.I.N.G OTW. -_-''' And true enough, when I removed the gauze, a 20sen-sized part of my hand had turned a sickly shade of green. T_T


On Day 4 – I didn't think of snapping any pictures till then. =p


But whatever lah. What's a bruise considering all that I've been through, right? This is a small kuchi mayam problem. Like phi sai. Bottom line is this: I'm just glad the doc was pleased enough with my blood test results to let me out of her sight for the next month at the very least. Yay and amen to that! =D


*cartwheels all around*

3 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

The 2nd pic makes your arm looks polio-like. So scary looking. Your upper arm looks so thin compared to the bottom half. o_O...

Lissa said...

Great news! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– I KNOW RIIIGGGHHT??? Looking at it right after taking the shot gave me a mini heart attack. @_@


ATTN: Lissa
– Yes! Finally! =D

Post a Comment

Talk to me!