Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chicken Terror

I ended up having lunch with Dee and his friend last Friday. His friend had a new makan place to recommend and they had some pent up iOS5 excitement to expel. It was a zinc-roofed stall at Weld Quay that serves noodles and porridge with an assortment of eggs, meats and mushrooms to choose from and add on. During the hour that I was there, I discovered three things: (1) The place was hot as hell, (2) the food was just so-so, and (3) the resident chicken was a pure pain in the ass.


Yup, you heard me right the first time.
There was a LIVE CHICKEN in the store.


Chicken on the loose.


???

How is this even hygienic to begin with, I don't know. -_-




But just look at that feathered idiot walking around like he owned the place!! Grrr... the sight of it made my blood boil. And my knees weak. And my palms sweat. :-/ All throughout lunch, it just kept walking round and around the store. At one point, it walked behind and that caused a major freak out on my part. I screamed, tossed my chopsticks and flew halfway across the room. Haha. No kidding. The men who were with me didn't seem to mind it though. -_-'''


Dee and his friend taking pictures of my feathered foe with their iPhones.


Wah, eat lunch also sim beh cheng, man. -_-'''
I'm so not going back to this place again. EVER. >(

6 comments :

Zhen Ying said...

Hahahahahaha, you and your ornithophobia. I understand what a frightening ordeal it must have been for you. I can sense the hatred for the poor chicken.

Soh Hong Wei said...

Haha... =P

Nee Yaa, Soo said...

Hahaha! Chick and chicken were my family's pet and they're all around our compound! Your reaction there is so funny lah! :DDDDD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Eh... suffer, you know. I would have killed it if I dared enough to go near enough to do it. T_T


ATTN: Soh Hong Wei
– So not funny if you were me. Haha.


ATTN: NeeYaa
– Aiyeerrrrrr... cook and eat all laaa... Yuck! *shiver up my spine*

Jeffro said...

Did you order chicken rice? If so, were the chicken nice and tender? If yes, then that's why the chicken was on the loose! *grins* If you didn't order chicken-related food, then you missed out on a great delicacy =P If you order, and it wasn't tender, then that means the chicken didn't run much =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– There was no chicken rice there. And you salah concept liao la. If it's tough, it means the chicken ran a lot. Not the other way around laaa.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!