Saturday, December 28, 2019

Tong Christmas cum Birthday Lunch @ Reve

The extended Tong (maternal side) family gathering can get pretty big. (My great-grandmother had 3 sons and 2 daughters.) But the more immediate Tong side is pretty cosy because my only uncle remains single and both my cousins aren't yet married. This is all of us, minus my kids and my cousin brother who didn't come home for Christmas:




Before my uncle arrived, the group lagi kecik.


The Tong Song Tong Tan Gals + Dee – the only thorn
amongst the roses – with all our Christmas presents. 🎁

Selfie better.

Maximising the location decor. We all look fat, ugly and weird. 😂

Khai Ma and Jewel with their presents from yours truly!


After that, my uncle arrived, and so did the food.




To be honest, there aren't many food options here la. Less than one page in the menu is dedicated to main courses. But not an issue la cos so ngam we all came from heavy breakfasts. So we decided to just order a few items on the menu and share. #kongsiraya


Some kind of bacon and mushroom pasta. Not bad.
If I ever went back to Reve, I would order this again.

Lobster pasta – tasted ok but expensive and not really
worth the money considering the miserable portion.
Plus, the lobster smelled very fishy. And looked
suspiciously like prawn meat instead. 🤔

I have no idea what this dish was and I can't really tell from the pic.
All I know is it came with raw veggies so I couldn't eat it anyway.


After lunch, it was candles and birthday cake time!


Belated birthday celebration for me cos last month
was a crazy month chemo-wise. Kena 2 times! 😵

November and December babies!


Yes, Christmas is undoubtably the best time of the year, and every birthday is meant to be celebrated. More so now than ever considering what I've gone through this year. Life is too short to not celebrate each passing moment and enjoy some rainbow cake, right?? 🎉🎂🌈


Always lots of fun and laughter with this bunch!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!